1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual to lesbian, back to bisexual, now back to lesbian???

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by aurorabourne, Jun 5, 2016.

1. aurorabourne

aurorabourne Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I started questioning my sexuality over 2 years ago and for the past year almost I've been settled on bisexual and might I add happy with it. Lately though I have been feeling like no matter how attractive I thought he was, if push came to shove, I just couldn't have sex with a guy.

I identified as bisexual first because I had "romantic" feeling for guys, just not sexual, and purely sexual interest in women, thus specifically identifying to myself as heteroromantic homosexual. Then I started developing hardcore crushes on women so my identity changed to biromantic homosexual, and told my family and friends I was gay. Then I started to feel guilty because I didn't like the thought of ruling out a relationship with a guy, should I have feelings for him, because of how I identified and also because I figured sex is just sex and I could have it with anyone regardless of gender or whether or not I was sexually attracted to them, so after a few months I reclaimed the bisexual label.

But recently out of the blue I had a massive crush on an incredible women and I just thought to myself I have never had feelings for any guy like I have for any woman. I'm almost positive these "feelings" I've had for guys is just wanting someone to treat me the way they want to treat a girl. I was confusing the idea of a relationship with having feelings for specific people. Could I ever actually date a guy knowing it's way more intense with a women? So in a critical state of mind I thought "the most compatible guy and the most compatible girl in front of me, who would I choose?" And the answer is I would always choose the women. Every single time.

So I guess my question is, if you were in my situation, what would you think? How would you figure things out? What would you do?

Thank you for taking the time to read this I know it's very long, have a good day (*hug*)

tl;dr - Have identified as bisexual for a year but now I'm almost positive I'm lesbian apart from the odd "wow he's hot" although I wouldn't want to have sex with the guy. Can I identify as a lesbian whilst still thinking some guys are totally hot but not harbouring romantic feelings for them?

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you can identify as whatever you want but what's the necessity of a label ?

Live your life, go out with whoever you want to go out with and don't overthink the label thing.