1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Bisexual or a Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheLemurLady, Jun 9, 2016.

1. TheLemurLady

TheLemurLady Guest

Hello. So lately I have been really questioning my sexuality, so I was wondering if someone on here could help me figure it out. I'm kind of young (13), but you're never too young, right? :icon_wink The story starts in around December, when I caught myself checking out a girl in the hallway.
    I began to overthink and thought "I'M A LESBIAN NOW OH NO!" :icon_redf and I would purposefully look at girls and ask myself if I thought they were pretty. Occasionally I honestly thought they were, but the majority of the time I didn't. This ended up in an approximately 2 month struggle with myself to stop worrying, and it was horrible.
    Then one day in math class it was time to change seats. I ended up sitting next to this one girl. As soon as I started talking to her I was genuinely in love, and it felt wonderful. I constantly daydreamed about her, and I kept blushing whenever I talked to her.
    So that last paragraph happened in about April. The little struggle against overthinking has slowed down since then. I can see a future with a woman a lot easier, and I can see myself being myself a lot easier as well. I would much rather kiss and date a girl than a boy. I think I could still emotionally fall in love with a boy, but I wouldn't want to do romantic or definitely not sexual things with him (the latter picturing myself as an adult).
    I have had boy crushes ever since I was small, but then I had my big realization moment this year and over time boys started becoming less and less attractive to me. Looking back now I realize that I had some girl crushes growing up that I had always passed off as "I really want to be this person" or "I really want to please this girl". After I realized I like women I realized that there actually were things in my past that fell into place with the knowledge that I am attracted to girls. I think a lot of that has to do with me just not knowing about what being gay is until I was nine. The last guy crush I had was at the beginning of my confusion period, but it didn't last very long. It seems like recently my "boy switch" as I like to call it has been turned off, but the occasional spark escapes, because sometimes I'll quickly notice something about a boy but I'll forget about it 5 minutes later. I have taken the Kinsey Scale test and every time I take it I'm more of a lesbian. I recently, however, couldn't get an answer because I was too "different".
    So in conclusion, I have no idea what I am, other than that I'm not straight. I would be so happy if someone could help out! Thanks. :help:

2. Angelica

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi,
    Thanx for posting that.
    I think that you still have a lot of time to discover what you are and what you like. The main thing I'd like to suggest is not to worry about it. There is so much life to enjoy and have fun. Those things will fall into place in time. It's not worth having anxiety about this. Just be you! I'm sure you're a kind and good person! Just take life as it comes, day by day. Try to be gentle on yourself and love yourself. Once you practice affirming and loving yourself, you'll figure the rest out very easily. Loving somebody else is not important if you don't first love yourself.
    Hope that makes sense.
    :goodluck:

3. TheLemurLady

TheLemurLady Guest

Thank you! That really made me feel better. :thumbsup:

4. SecretLilCj21

It sounds as if you are biromantic homosexual with a romantic preference for girls, I know, it's a mouthful, but what you've described sounds like that.

5. Jeslee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What you described sounds a lot like me! And for now I consider myself a biromantic homosexual but a lesbian to keep it simple :icon_wink. But really the label doesn't matter and there is no rush for you to choose one; you don't ever have to. You love who you love and that's all that matters :slight_smile: If you want to use a label, you can go with whatever feels right, even if you think you don't fit into it perfectly. Nobody fits perfectly into a box and that's okay! Whatever you choose, label or no label, it will be the right thing for you.

6. TheLemurLady

TheLemurLady Guest

:icon_bigg Thank you everyone.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2016 at 10:50 PM ----------

By the way if anyone is reading this and had advice or an opinion to share feel free to talk. I hope I didn't sound like I was ending the conversation above.