1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Squish, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Squish

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey, so this is probably going to be long and complicated but I just feel like by posting everything I'm going through right now on here may provide me with answers,
    So basically I was in a relationship with a guy for 4 years (which is long considering I'm only 18), and during this time I was with him I was this 'straight girl'. However I started to feel confused and I broke up with him because I said I wanted to figure out who I was. This kinda led to me questioning a lot of things, and doing a lot of stupid things and experience a lot of anxiety which I'm beginning to work past.
    Recently I've been looking at girls more, which all started when I watched a coming out video and I felt as if a lightbulb went off and I had this moment of realisation. I look at girls and I notice how cute they are, I notice there faces more,the way they smile at me and I cannot help but just smile at the thought of being with a girl, holding her in my arms and protecting her. I will never say I'm confused or that it is a phase because it makes me feel like my feelings aren't real, and for the first time I feel like I'm finally understanding who I am. I am struggling to understand because I've only ever been with guys and I've grown up in an environment with a mother who has always critised and thought bisexuals were just greedy and s I really am struggling with the whole concept of it all. I am attracted to guys but I feel a strong attraction to transgender males. So I'm assuming I may be bisexual or something along those lines. I just can't help but feel like there is more to it. When I was younger I played with brothers toys too, I dressed like a boy and I constantly had boys attention at school. It got to an age where my mum started to make me wear pink because I'm a girl. Ever since over broken up with my ex I don't feel like this 'straight girl' anymore. Somedays I wake up and feel like a girl, I want to dress up and be girly, it some days I wake up and feel like I'm not a girl. Generally I wear jeans and t-shirts, and I mostly feel uncomfortable in girly clothing, unless I'm in a more 'girl mood'. Some days I want to wear male clothing and not have a chest or curves and others days I don't. I'm struggling with why I'm feeling this way and what it means. I just want to understand so I can stop hiding and be who I really am.
    I don't agree with labels because I think people should just be able to be who they are, but I do like the fact they give definitions and explain what you are.

Thank you in advance if you're able to give me any advice and/ help :slight_smile:

2. SecretLilCj21

Okay first, you should probably explain what feeling like "Not a girl" means, do you feel like a guy or nothing at all? Is your girliness on a spectrum and on days it just goes up and down the spectrum of feeling like a girl? If you feel like a guy and a girl sometimes you are probably bigender or genderfluid if you feel as if on a fluctuating spectrum you could be demigender.