1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you define attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by yangarang, Jun 13, 2016.

1. yangarang

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a genuine question about what you think the difference is between finding someone attractive and being attracted to that someone is?

I've been wondering this with regards to my sexuality, because I feel like I can recognize when men are attractive, but I'm not really sure if I'm attracted to them or not. Meanwhile, with women, it comes a lot more easily. I feel like there's a difference, but it's hard for me to say how. Thanks!

2. PrettyinPunk

I think it depends on the type of attraction. Is it emotional, romantic, sexual, aesthetic? When you see a guy who you think is attractive, what do feel afterwards? Is there a desire to get to know the person more, or want to do coupley things? Can you imagine engaging in sexual acts with said person?

For an example, I can find someone aesthetically attractive without sexual and romantic attraction. I can experience none of these and still acknowledge that a person is attractive to others in general.

3. Just Call Me Ky

I feel the same way. I can find men attractive and appreciate their looks just like I can with women, like I find Ryan Reynolds attractive. However, when I find a female attractive I want something from her and I can imagine myself loving a woman much easier than loving a man even though I like the idea of having a traditional family and carrying my children and such. I would be much happier with a girl and I think that is the feeling tied into my attraction toward them. When I like a guy I just don't want more. When I like a girl I can see something bigger even if it would never happen outside my imagination. Everyone is different, you can love the way you want to. -Ky