1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From straight to bi? to lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Labelfree, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Labelfree

Out Status:
    Some people
    Is this even possible? I have always been in relationships with men (latest one +15yrs) but since my early 20's I have crushed on famous girls quite a bit. A few times over the years I have had drunken fumbles with girls and about 5 years back I had drunken sex with a girl freind. I always thought that meant I was bi and I was quite comfortable with the fact that I didn't need to label myself and I was merely attracted to 'people'. Today has sent that crashing. I had 100% sober, amazing sex with my girl freind. She is in a (dead) straight relationship but says she has always felt like she preferred ladies and I just can't get my head round how mind blowingly good it was. I mean even when drunk I was apprehensive about going down on a girl but today I couldn't get enough of it. It's my absolute favourite thing ever to do to someone. So m now questioning myself, have I been lesbian all along? After all the girls I had fumbled with in the past were all butch lesbian types, so maybe I am just the other half to that and just didn't know.

2. Ravens

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Labelfree,

It definitely sounds like you've an attraction to women, but you've not mentioned your attraction towards men. When you've been in relationships with men, did you have similar sorts of feelings to what you're feeling right now with your friend? It's possible that you could be a lesbian, but it's also a possibility that you could be bisexual, with a stronger attraction to women than to men perhaps? Sexuality is hugely personal and only you can really say how you identify. I'd say don't necessarily rush to label yourself, just take your time to see how you feel and what you feel comfortable with :slight_smile:

3. Labelfree

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have always been attached to men upon getting to know them, rather than physically, whereas I would look at a woman and think 'yeah, she's nice' I think I probably agree that I am bi with a preference for women, but also it doesn't really matter. My freind and I have decided to take things as they come and not over analyse for now. Thanks for reply