1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I stop a crush on a straight friend?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sabrinaa, Jun 16, 2016.

1. sabrinaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So there is this girl. The first time we ever spoke she just kept such strong eye contact and we spoke a lot. I thought she might have been gay just because of the way she payed so much attention to me. I am pretty attracted to her too. Later I found out she is totally straight, she really likes men a lot. She is not gay and I know for a fact she does not think I am gay.

Anyway, I got over it and was like okay whatever, but she still gets real close to me, she touches me, she pays a lot of attention to what I say, she stares at me a lot. It is really hard because I do not think she is flirting with me or doing it on purpose at all. I think she just likes me as a person because I make her laugh, but I am really attracted to her!

It is strange. I do not want to like her, I do not flirt with her, but when she gets close to me I just out of no where get the urge to just touch her, hug her, kiss her. She has such a nice body I can't help but notice everyday, she smells good, she is so cute.

I don't know what to do. How can I get over this? I want to be her friend, but my damn 'attraction' or whatever it is, just has a mind of it's own. I am talking to her and out of nowhere I just think "you are so pretty" and my conscious is like "shut up! just stop that!". I have even dreamt about her. This attraction is just automatic, I can't help it.

Do you think I actually have a crush on her? Is this a crush? or is this just something that will not leave my head? How can I get it out of my head? I really like her as a friend, but it is hard to have a friend you just want to kiss and don't want her to date anyone else.

2. seeking

I think you 'fancy' her. So yes, you do have a crush.

Honestly I don't blame you for thinking she is flirting with you. What you described her doing is what most people do when flirting.

Honestly I would just tell her to stop touching you. I am doubtful she doesn't suspect you have the capacity to like women. So I honestly from reading this think she knows and might be doing it because she likes the attention not because she truly likes you. But, never know she may actually be bisexual.

If you want to get her out of your mind.. maybe creating distance between you two and not letting her touch you.

That is just my opinion on the situation. Hope this advice is a little helpful.

3. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, it definitely seems like you have a crush on this girl. And since she's straight, then it's good on you to notice that you need to squash these feelings you have before they develop any further....you'd be crossing some dangerous territory at that point.

From what I've experienced, women just seem to be more hands on, regardless of sexual orientation. Or it could just be the women I ended up associating with, I don't know....none of them seemed to know what personal space was. It was just nonexistent to them.

I highly doubt she has any clue as to what she's doing to you, so need for a physical barrier maybe in order here. As seeking above me said, you need to get her to stop touching you. Scoot away, avoid contact, and if she doesn't take the hint, just explain to her that all this touching makes you uncomfortable, make an excuse for it if it comes out weird...

Just keep telling yourself she doesn't swing that way. Repeat it in your mind like a mantra if you must, because if you want to remain friends with her (which you said you do), then avoiding her entirely is out of the question.

4. seeking

@Sohryuden
    I think I always make it quite clear I don't like touching lol So maybe that is why I don't have that experience of women being very touchy with me without a reason behind it.

I'm not the most warm person. Maybe people are nicer in california than where I am?lol

But when a woman touches me it's like electricity going through my body...so I always keep a distance if I am not with the female (in a significant way.)

5. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Haha, I suppose I just didn't care enough to tell them to get out of my bubble. I can understand that "electric" feeling, but it really only happens if I'm attracted to the girl. So I suppose the invasion of space was really just my fault for not bothering unless necessary lol

California is such a melting pot for all kinds of people. I wouldn't call us nice...the diversity is just overwhelming.