1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans, Gay but also Straight?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TransTrash101, Jun 19, 2016.

1. TransTrash101

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been out to some of my friends for about a year now as transgender, and out to the same ones as being gay (attracted to guys) but recently I think I have a crush on this girl. She's one of my best friends and knows about my transgender thing. She's also one of the two people I told that I think I liked a girl. I'm not sure what to make of this though, because I've always found girls repulsive (no offense anyone).

I don't know if this is just a passing fancy or if I'm really into her but I can't shake the feeling. I also don't know how I would ever tell my mother. She said that being transgender was weird to begin with.

And oh yeah, the girl I like is a lesbian, so I don't know if she would even go for me knowing I'm trans.

I've never posted to this site before so I'm not sure what to expect, but I just want to know if I should tell her, or keep it to myself.

2. WonderWoman81

I'm not sure about telling her.... but I do have a friend who is trans (M-F) and a lesbian now.... but she also still gets boy-crushes. I am beginning to think sexuality is fluid. We are human and we can like any human we want.

3. AmyBee

You could kind of float the idea you're interested in her without committing to it and if she reciprocates or seems open to it, then you could make a move. Or you could just take the plunge and ask her out with no setting the scene and see where that goes. But if she says no, do your best to keep the friendship going. I think friendships are usually worth maintaining especially if it's a long term one.

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've moved this to the Sexual and Romantic Orientation sub-forum because it seemed more appropriate than Empty Closets Help & Feedback - which is usually reserved for technical help. :slight_smile: