1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused About My Sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ShazWolf, Jun 21, 2016.

1. ShazWolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, when I was younger I used to have crushes on males and had a few boyfriends. But then I was introduced to the LGBTQ+ Community and realized that I started like girls while I was in a relationship with a male. At first I thought I was bisexual because I really liked girls, but I still thought some guys were cute (For eg. Channing Tatum), so I went with being bisexual. Then I thought I was lesbian becuase I started losing attraction to males, but now I still feel that feeling where I think certain guys are cute. It's really confusing me, do you think I'm bisexual or lesbian. Please help!:help::help::help:

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey :slight_smile: I know how confusing this all can be. Ultimately you are the only one who can answer whether you are bi or a lesbian and that will take time. Remember sexual orientation is a spectrum. Perhaps you are bi with a preference for women, perhaps you are not. The truth is you are you and you have lots of time to put a label on yourself (if you even decide to put a label on yourself).

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you're bisexual with a preference for females?

Don't be in a rush to figure it out. ^^

4. musiclife

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't worry about labeling it. You are you and that is all that matters. If you do want to label it, remember that there is a difference between emotional attraction and sexual attraction. You can be be straight and still look at a girl and think they're hot. You can be lesbian and still look at a guy and think he is hot. Thinking someone looks good does not have anything to do with your sexuality. Personally, i don't like labeling but i would consider myself a lesbian. However, i'm not closing myself off to the possibility of having a boyfriend.

So my advice in one sentence. Focus on the specific person you develop an emotional attraction to instead of deciding which entire gender population you are emotionally attracted to.