1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astrology being used to determine sexual orientation? (Kind of a rant)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sayonara, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

I've seen a lot of junk lately about astrology somehow determining your sexual orientation.

Like, people write up astrological "indicators" you might be gay/bi. Some gay people have these indicators, but many others I know dont, including myself. Some include:

-Mars in an Earth or Water sign (girls)
    -Marss in a Fire or Air sign (boys)
    -Venus or Mars positively aspected to Uranus
    -Sappho (literally just a pointless asteroid) positively aspected (girls)
    -etc

It's kind of offensive, too. What about "straight indicators?" Or "pansexual indicators?" Sexuality isn't black and white, and it's invalidating/rude to say someone isn't gay/bi/etc because their planets weren't aligned a certain way.

Planets don't affect orientation, but you know what does? Biology, and that's actually a proven science.

What do you think about this stuff being used to determine orientation? What do you think about astrology in general? If you are gay/bi do you have any "gay indicators" or no?

I personally think it's insane, but whatever.

2. seeking

Astrology can't tell someone's sexuality in my opinion. It can tell themes and events that will happen in your life. But it won't tell your sexuality.

Astrology is still not a solid spiritual science/practice.. there are also maybe up to 20+ astrology forms in this world.

Idk if you are saying "I think it's insane" because you don't believe in astrology.

or

If you are saying "I think it's insane" because of people doing this.

I wouldn't take offense to people doing this... people try to find reasoning for everything. Some people look outside of their self for answers about who they are. These people are trying to find indicators for all sexuality I feel. But, I think when it comes to the cosmo..love is love. That is my personal opinion why indicator of sexuality cannot be found in a birth chart because Love is Love.

I have looked this up in curiosity to see what people said..I found it to be very untrue.

I think astrology could be helpful (to a believer).

If these people want to hyper focus on finding someone's sexuality in a chart let them. But I don't think it will be a successful endeavors. Also have to think some of these people are doing this so they can publish some book or new article to gain publicity.