1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for lesbian and bisexual girls/women

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Loppox, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Loppox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How do you feel about guys? what comes to your mind when you think about them? When fantasizing about kissing them for example, or having intercourse? what did you think about guys before having anything done with them?

I am trying to notice a difference between bisexual girls and lesbian girls in order to what I can relate to.

I don't know how I feel about guys, I honestly don't. I've never had a boyfriend or did anything with guys and never had strong feelings towards them.

I mean I can see an attractive guy from time to time, but I don't know, there's never that pull or something. Maybe for a little bit, but it fades almost immediately. I don't know what I feel, it leaves me always kind of ''meh'' in a romantic sense. I never think about them when I come home or sth.

In theory I can fall for a guy I think? But what is theory when compared to reality? I feel a bit lost atm.

2. PrettyinPunk

Well if we're talking sexual/romantic attraction, I don't feel that towards anyone unless there's a certain bond. However fantasizing and general perspective is different. I can kiss guys, hold their hands, cuddle and enjoy that. That's romantic behavior I guess but it's hard to see myself doing more "coupley" things. The idea of a guy doting on me feels a little odd. I can find guys sexually appealing but when I think of sex it's very basic and physical.

Once I realized I could like girls, a lot of those fantasies become clear. I can see myself in a long term relationship with a woman and being more romantic in behavior. When I think of sex, it's drawn out, its physical but it's passionate. I can explore more freely in my mind. I don't want to say being with a girl feels more "right" maybe organic is a better word.

Because of this lately I've figured when I fall in love it's likely to be with someone of the same sex. Of course I don't have too much choice in the matter. The heart wants what it wants and all that jazz.:lol:

I'm sorry if my post doesn't help with relating. But just because you don't feel a strong pull towards guys doesn't mean your not attracted to them at all, it might be a sign you aren't. Do you feel comfortable even trying to explore your feelings with a guy?

And comparatively how do you feel about girls?

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't feel anything. When I imagine myself kissing a guy I feel uncomfortable, and when I imagine intercourse I feel disgusted, I guess, in the same way a straight man feels about anal intercourse with men. It doesn't mean doing these things with men are disgusting or wrong, but when you're a lesbian it just doesn't register at all. Other lesbians may just be neutral or not see the appeal.

I don't even feel aesthetically attracted to men unless they are extremely feminine (think like anime bishie boys in real life). The super short hair and all that body hair is so unappealing to me. I also understand that an actual lesbian may find a guy good looking but doesn't want to be physical. Both are valid and can happen I guess.

4. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when i try to imagine myself with a guy it just feels so wrong, i have kissed 2 guys and it was just meh like it was forced or mechanical.. i haven't done anything more than that with a guy, i know i should do something more to know for sure if i might like it i i just can't i rather stab myself haha just the idea of kissing,touching, holding hands with a guy feels like i lose myself and it's not me.. there isn't the emotional connection i can feel with a girl.. when i imagine myself being with a girl it feels completely right and that's why i identify as lesbian now even though i find some guys aesthetically attractive but that's it.. sexuality can be soo confusing..

5. Bearsona

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't feel anything regarding fantasizing about kissing a man, as I tend to associate that with an act of romance - as a homoromantic person, that does nothing for me. Tried pursuing relationships with them as well, to no avail. It's just a big nope.

As for thinking of sleeping with a man, it fluctuates. Sometimes I feel more attracted to that idea than to being with a woman, other times it's the opposite, and then other times it's 50/50. It fluctuates... a lot. There's no definitive answer on that one.

When I was younger I craved women almost exclusively (and tried ignoring it), I'm not really sure why things have changed.

6. Loppox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks for replying :grin:

at the moment I don't feel comfortable to explore my feelings with a guy, I mean my exploring will most likely be a kind of ''forced exploration'' which can only lead to false conclusions. I don't feel excited to explore anything with a guy, just a kind of ''I can do it, but that's about it?''

Hhahah omg how I feel about girls. Girls leave me in this rollercoaster of extreme emotions. They can make me incredibly happy and excited but can also leave me in a state of sadness, conclusion: I am very emotionally invested in girls. I also find girls very beatiful and have always found them to be more attractive than guys, but that does not indicate anything, scince straight women also tend to find girls more attractive than guys.
    I have probably been in love with a girl for the last 5 years ( I made a thread about this), but I still can't understand it/grasp it/see it as the truth.

When I came to realise I could also like girls in that matter (romantic, etc) I became excited and at the same time naive af. Because liking girls did not equal gay/bisexual woman in my head. When I came to realise that I could be gay, I went into total breakdown leaving me empty with my feelings.

I fantasize about girls (being in a relationship etc.) with judgement: ''what if I fall for a guy?'' and it leaves me crying because I feel like the possibility of liking a guy is still there (thinking in a rational way) and there have been lesbians who ended up with a guy so I can't rule it out. This leads me that I should think about guys because there is the possibility. But thinking about guys leaves me non-excited and therefore sad as well.

So I can see everything happening and it always leaves me in a negative state. :')

Thank for your message :slight_smile: much appreciated

7. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

I think guys can make good friends, or be fun to hang around, or relatable, or good looking. But not in a romantic or sexual way.

I just can not stand the thought of being in a relationship with a man. Thinking about romantic stuff I feel nothing. Thinking about physical things disgusts and repulses me.

The closest I can get to a guy is a platonic friendship, but thats really it. I can care about how they're feeling, but thats because I have empathy for anyone, thats it. I can have fun talking to them, but thats because Im a masculine personality mysekf and theyre relatable, thats it. Thats the closest I can get to them.

Friends, okay.
    Relationship partners, ew.

P.S:
    Before I knew I was gay, I thought I was straight, so for a short period of time I fantasized about boys becayse that was what I was "supposed to do." I believe I was more into the idea of love than I actually was with boys, I just thought of it using boys because heteronormativity. I didnt actually feel attracted to boys, and in most cases it even felt forced. Everytime I had a favorite male character, I thought it mustve meant I liked them so I forced myself through. When straight girls were talking about crushes, I just picked a boy with cool hair and forced myself through that too. Im not sure if I ever actually did have those kind of feelings. (I used to identify as bisexual, then bicurious.) But if I ever did, its gone now and those old fantasies repulse me. Once I discovered I liked girls though, I followed my heart and saw that relationships with women is what I wanted much much more intensely.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think guys can be great friends, but the thought of being "more than friends" makes me extremely uncomfortable.

However, I didn't really notice that I felt that way until I'd fully accepted my attraction to girls.

Even back when I thought I liked guys, I realized that the way I felt about girls was much stronger.

I had a dream (nightmare, actually) not long ago that I almost went along with having sex with a guy, and I woke up tramatized!

This describes what I went through perfectly. :thumbsup:

9. BookWriter1994

hmm. Guys: Well, I don't know actually. I feel like there's a huge possibly that I could indeed be with a guy and fall in love and all that stuff. Guys can be great friends too! I have two best guy friends actually! As for having sex with a guy? Well, I am being honest here really, I am slightly curious and I am a virgin but I was thinking of trying it out and see if I would really like having sex with a guy for the rest of my life..

Girls: Okay, I am honestly admitting that girls are really pretty and sometimes I wish that I can have their life or something like that. I have no idea if I can see myself dating a woman though I think I might like this straight girl at work? Idk but she is really pretty! I have a few friends who are girls and they two can be great friends. As for having sexual relations with them? Well, as I said above I do not mind seeing if I can see myself having sex with a girl for the rest of my life.

10. PrettyinPunk

No worries. Glad to be of help!:slight_smile: After reading your response, I think if you feel like exploring with guys would be a forced thing, then don't. You should never feel forced to prove attraction to anyone even yourself.

I can understand even with your feelings towards women why it's still hard to picture at times. That could just be a comfort level that will become easier with experience and personal growth.

For now just relax a bit if possible. (I know it gets crazy) Don't stress over possibly falling for a guy. I mean it's possible I could win the million dollar lottery. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Start off with what you know. You like girls emotionally or in some way, so go with that.

The last couple of sentences you wrote makes me wonder. Part of my personality is masculine, I wonder if that's why my idea of sex with guys is the way it is. Its like I always have to be the one in control I can't be sexually vulnerable in certain ways. Is that because of my own masculine ego?:lol:

11. Loppox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hahha I am trying to relax :grin: It's hard sometimes but everyone knows that.
    Oh yeah I am very emotionally invested in girls. And also In a sexual way when I am 100% comfortable/happy. I mean in those 9 months I was like a horny teenager! high libido, but then the doubt just totally cracked that down.

Yeah I think it just needs time to settle and more experience! We'll eventually calm down, but now it's just crazy af. :')

I am wondering tho, can you fantasize sexually about genders even though you don't have any experience at all with them? like I think there is some difference if you have experience or not, but idk.

Thanks for your reply again! :grin: have a nice day

12. CPUNerdGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm also homoromantic and bisexual. For me, anything sexual with a guy is hot unless I'm in one of my phases where I only crave women (which can last between an hour and a couple weeks). There are differences in the sex I imagine with men versus women (with men it's more primal and has a D/s component, whereas with women it's more sensual). Thinking about purely romantic things with a guy feels creepy and forced. It's not as bad if there's a lot of sexual chemistry, but it's only because it distracts me from the romance. I never wanted a boyfriend for anything but sex, and I only relate to same-sex women couples in media. A lot of things about dating made no sense to me till I started dating women. Romantic orientation isn't talked about as much, so it was harder to find information about it. I ultimately see myself with a woman, maybe in an open relationship so I can still sleep with men if I want.

Hope this helps you out!

13. PrettyinPunk

I think there's a difference between actually being with a gender and just fantasy of course. But not having actual experience doesn't mean it's not a real desire. I personally haven't got to be intimate with a lady (yet) Trust me I think about it a lot anyway.:lol: :icon_redf

14. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    guys are kool as brothers/friends but i feel discusted to think of anything with them..i am not attracted to their attributes at all..i had tried dating guys in the past becuz i wanted to feel like a normal girl and the only way i could bring myself to do anything with them was if i was s.f drunk and i closed my eyes and thought about a women...i immediatly regretted anything i did with them and felt so degrated and discusted even if i just kissed them, to this day i regret it...i feel being with a guy was so so wrong, like a poster above mentioned, a straight guy having anal sex...or even like a young straight guy molested or sumthing..i will never ever be with another guy in my life...id rather be alone forever..

now women, i am filled with good vibes inside..i cant get enough of a girl...even hugging them makes me feel amazing inside..i love everything about a woman, and i never once felt regret or bad feelings when a girl was concerned, kissing, touching...etc...i was always really happy after being with a girl, to this day i look back and smile..i want love with a girl and so yea ill think sum are attractive, but for me im more attracted to personalities and how they carry themselves, and im not really one to just have sex with a girl i baraly kno, i like to build an intimate connection first..unless i was drunk and theyre giving me those flirty eyes then my body would go wild and id start to want them sexually right then and there..but im sober now lol....for good....and besides that never really happened lol and im glad cuz i want to loose my virginity to the women im in love with...(virginity in my own definition, not everyone elses.)

15. Loppox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha yeah there's a difference between fantasy and reality and it's really hard to y'know base assumptions on that one. I haven't got to be intimite with a lady (yet) and I as well think about it a lot haha.
    These thoughts happened after I kissed a girl, so I am thinking, must I kiss a guy in order to establish such thoughts towards guys as well? that being said, I don't even have excitement to kiss a guy atm because I know it's just going to be a forced thing :')

16. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, so many people have posted already but :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

For me, as a lesbian, when I look at guys, I basically think they all kinda look like stick figures. I don't think about guys like.. Ever, but if I do, it's just like.. "o god put a shirt on" lol... They just don't attract me

Before I questioned my sexuality, I had like 3 crushes on guys and I never thought about them more than kissing on the cheek.

Yay

17. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am still not sure of my orientation so I'm not sure how to answer. I've been married to a man and had sex with a few other men before that and I enjoyed cuddling and kissing but sex never did anything for me. I mean the best it ever got was "yeah I guess I see why people think this is fun, sort of." I didn't think it was my orientation and I'm still not sure to be honest. I mean I was sexually attracted to the guys, or I certainly thought I was at the time, and I wanted to have sex with them, it just never felt very good, especially intercourse.

I still fantasize about men and I wonder sometimes if I could be with a man but I don't really want to be. Maybe if my favorite celebrity showed up at my front door but as far as trying to get with men on dating sites or whatever, I have no interest.

Yet sometimes I still think I'm probably straight and being weird. I'm kind of a mess when it comes to my orientation.

18. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Guys... I have an appreciation for nice male physique
    I like how they look sculpted. But Im not really drawn to wanting to touch them. And I love men's style and swag but I sort of admire it. I don't really like the idea of kissing them but hugs are perfectly comfortable and nice. I think I could have sex with a guy and I would enjoy it, because I can fantasise about them fine. But I just don't really want to date a guy. I'm staying open with that since there isn't much stopping me in terms of being repulsed by straight sex or anything - in fact as I said Im perfectly turned on by the idea. But I'm not gonna force either.

With girls I find less of them to be attractive I think but those I do I become rather focused on and unlike with guys its a fully sensual appreciation rather than just visual. I am very drawn to touch them. Kissing girls is great and I want to have sex with them. The sex part isn't really any stronger than for guys but it's a bit more active. The main difference is that I fall for them romantically quite deeply and my feelings are invested. I think having a girlfriend would be more desirable for me.

Therefore, its pretty hard for me to choose a label too.

19. PerdHapley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Guys = safety for me.

Personally, I love attention from guys. When I was a kid I always used to hang around with boys because I had way more fun with them. Since then, I don't have any male friends but I do have periods when I crave male company. I love being around guys, but when I think they're making sexual advances toward me I tend to shut down and avoid them. It can seem quite odd because I'm generally more comfortable around men than women and when I'm comfortable my playfulness has been said to come across as flirting.

I have zero sexual experience but I have had several crushes on guys, each one more anxiety inducing than the last. Before I started questioning it never occurred to me to fantasise about guys and aside from having my first kiss (I used to be incredibly self conscious and insecure about having never been kissed) I didn't really think about doing anything with the guys I liked aside from talking and hanging out.

Since I started questioning I've become a little more curious about men's bodies and what it means to be attracted to men. I can see a guy and imagine kissing him, or consider what it would be like to have sex with him but it does nothing for me unless I concentrate really hard and more often than not, when I fantasise about men I get tiny twinges then get bored or grossed out.

I'm not sure whether any of this was helpful but I hope you can find something to relate to in here!

20. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Trust me, even people who ARE attracted to guys sometimes think "o god put a shirt on" :slight_smile: