1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attractions increase after acceptance?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by treasure1996, Jun 26, 2016.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Did anyone find that the more accepting you became of yourself, the more you became attracted to the same sex?
    I've fully 100% accepted I am gay now and although I've had crushes on women before I'm starting to realise how gay I really am.. if that makes sense!!

2. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes it can definitely happen :slight_smile: Once you're more accepting of yourself and your attractions, you may start noticing them more, or they can become more frequent. I'm glad you've accepted that you're gay, congratulations (*hug*)

3. CPUNerdGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes! I remember thinking in high school that I preferred men, and I figured it was because of society. But I've come to realize, no, I actually slightly prefer women sexually, and I exclusively want to date women. Fully accepting my bisexuality after accepting that I like women also made it more common for me to fantasize about men and women at the same time. I used to think it was wrong of me, but I got over it.

4. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure I've fully accepted myself yet but I've definitely found my attractions growing

5. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Something similar has happened to me. After I totally came out to myself as female, I actually started being more attracted to males. That's why I was 100% straight and now am 90% lesbian.

6. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Queuing off your words:
    Yes it makes perfect since. It's happening to me too. Before I knew I was gay, I'd see a hot guy every 3 to 5 months. Now I see them all the time. And because I'm like a man wondering the desert for days without water, when I see a hot guy, I just stare. I really try to keep myself from staring, but it's difficult.