1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not fully out but want to go to pride and give myself a chance to meet a woman

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Dobby, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm out to a couple of friends as "not straight". i fluctuate between thinking i am bi and gay.
    I am not out to most people including some of my best friends and parents/family.
    but

I really want to go to pride - but i don't want people to join the dots and think i'm gay...I am a little jealous (lol i know ugly feeling) that my straight friend is going but i can't ask to join because she'll know.

I am also feeling a little sad, i met a woman a couple of days ago who i clocked as gay (and later was confirmed when she brought up pride), when i first saw her and locked eyes with her i literally did a little gasp. we were at an event with music and both in a nearly empty side room...we started dancing together, silly dancing but so connected, it felt really special...we went to dinner with mutual friends (same day we met/danced) and talked until 1 in the morning. and there she brought up pride and i couldn't physically tell her i liked women. i don't "look" like i like women at all but i think some gay people have picked up on it somehow before.

i will never see her again because she lives very far away.

i am gutted with myself because i couldn't say it and i really liked her. like really liked her.

sorry for the vent, anyone any advice?