1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I may have an overthinking problem.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sayonara, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

I've had emotional issues in the past, and I don't know if they're what's causing my problem right now, but I can't really think of any other reason.

I can't get as romantically excited as I used to. All I ever used to think about was being with girls all the time 24/7, and although I still want that, my desire has been... dulled down? Like, I know I want to be with a girl eventually, but Im not as lovesick as I usually am, and it's much harder for me to trigger/conjure feelings of romantic/sexual desires. I used to want it so bad, why can't I feel love as much as I used to?

I feel more comfortable/secure when I'm having my desires, but once I've had my fun daydreaming and they fade off again, I constantly wonder over and over "what if I'm not gay anymore? what if I'm bi?" And no, I really don't like guys, the idea of that makes me uncomfortable, but in my little panics like this I can overthink that too.

I've been overthinking more things too, and love is not the only feeling that's dulled. Could I just have an emotional problem?

2. lmnop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I go back and forth with myself as well. From what I've read and others have told me, it's all a part of the process. I tend to be questioning everything lately, and it's worse when I have a bad day. My loss of excitement stems from loneliness which is magnified by depression. I don't doubt that your emotional problems are at least partly to blame for your loss of desire/interest.

3. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cant say for sure why your "desire(s) are dulled" a bit. There could be many reasons. I've observed I'm not full on "got to have a guy" all the time. My desires wane and ebb like the tide.

Wane and ebb, I've noticed changes with stress and happiness.

4. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi
    I am experiencing many of the same feelings but from a guy who (probably, maybe, i don't know) is gay. It makes me feel like my initial feelings that I am gay were just a lie. but then, maybe, its just getting used to it. I have heard that the initial feeling of being gay is being like a teenager, and once you passed that phase, it's like being an adult. The big thrills go away but deeper things come? I don't know I am still on the fence about coming out :slight_smile: