1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liking masculine/androgynous traits- but only on girls?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sayonara, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

I'm just wondering if it's okay to find masculine/androgynous traits attractive if you're a lesbian, as long you're not attracted to men themselves.

I find that one of my crushes I find her masculine traits pretty attractive, but I wouldn't find it attractive on a guy. I only like these traits when it's applied to women. (As long it's not too masculine..)

I'm also not all that into what's usually referred to as feminine. (Unless it has some kind of spice?)

Idk. Is it bad I like more androgynous girls instead of really girly ones?

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it's OK. If that's what you're attracted to, that's what you're attracted to.

I find the combination of masculine and feminine traits in the same woman attractive. Either extreme doesn't appeal to me either.

With men, I can appreciate that they are attractive, but I'm not attracted to them personally.

#2 LostInDaydreams, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  3. Really

Of course, it's ok!
    If there are women emphasizing certain traits in themselves, it stands to reason they want others to be attracted to them that way. :thumbsup:

4. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i was thinking the same thing.. i like girls who tend to be masculine and not too feminine.. but i'm not attracted to guys.. i think it's normal i mean masculine women are still women right? men have so many other things that women don't have and that's why we like women.. think of it this way.. if a guy has some feminine traits why aren't you attracted to him? because he is still a man!

5. AmyBee

I'm sure it's okay.

6. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not bad at all. Totally ok. You like who you like. There is no "should" about that.

My experience is similar. Masculine or androgynous girls really do it for me.

7. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Liking What are traditionally perceived as masculine traits does not mean you must like men to some extent. The wide variety of traits and ways of expressing oneself often doesn't have much to do with gender, and there's so many traits a person has that some of them are bound to not be seen as traditionally aligning with their gender. That doesn't make them more of anything except themselves. Certain traits that may be seen as masculine such as dominance, straightforwardness (not that these are inherently male traits) are just simply aspects of a person's personality. You like what you like and everyone has different tastes. There are many lesbians, myself included sometimes, who are attracted to more masculine presenting women.