1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual/romantic orientation changing?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sayonara, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

This really gets on my nerves. I personally do not want to believe its possible, but Im scared anyway.

I like girls a lot, ok? And I don't want it to change. The idea of being with men makes me uncomfortable. But my mom, and many people of both straight and gay orientations say many LGBT people can and sometimes do or even WILL become straight later in their lives. It sounds really homophobic to me, but I've been told other lesbians have changed before, does that mean I'll change too? I don't want to. That sounds horrifying.

What do people feel about this, is it true, and how do you think of people who have changed?

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people may have more fluid orientations, but if you were never fluid to begin with (always attracted only to only one gender) then that's not gonna suddenly change. You even say the thought of becoming straight is horrifying to you, so if you feel that way so strongly, can you realistically imagine that changing? I don't think you have anything to worry about. (*hug*)

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sexuality can be fluid, but if yours has been really solid thus far, to say that it is likely to change is just not true and pretty homophic, yeah. It could, but it's not likely.