1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating ... I am doing it wrong ...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Unicorn101, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Unicorn101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I would love to throw a question out here and see what people think, and maybe get some feedback.

I am 24, a virgin, and really tired of going on a million first dates.

At first it was comical some of the terrible things that happened, such as one of the boys accidentally spitting on me, then progressively less charming with memorable phrases such as "I don't like learning" being used. Then down right rude, with one of the dudes literally shopping on a iPad instead of talking to me. Its gotten to the point where I don't want to put myself out there any more, although I do.

I am tired. Tired of wanting someone real to connect with, and tired of putting on some sort of brave face that says "I got this". It just leaves me feeling stuck and disconnected, and that there is something fundamentally broken with me that says "Don't Date Me".

I welcome sagely advice

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Frankly, if you're not enjoying it anymore - then stop for a bit.

It's really counter-intuitive, but if you're not enjoying yourself and you're expecting the next first date to be another horror story, then it's going to be more difficult for you to have fun and for the date to go well in the first place. And besides, it should be fun and exciting - not something that makes you feel "stuck and disconnected."

So, take some time for other things. Remove yourself from dating sites/apps, if you're on any. Invest in a hobby. Hang out with friends or family, or even do things by yourself that you've always wanted to - short day trips, days or nights out, whatever you like. Then, when you feel a bit more comfortable with yourself and you've got some new experiences to share with people, give it another shot.