1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be a lesbian... help please?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by britishatheart, Jul 1, 2016.

1. britishatheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    And just when I thought I had everything figured out.

So, I've identified as bisexual for almost 2 years now. I was comfortable with the label, because it seemed to fit my attractions. That is... until now. Because I'm pretty sure that I'm not attracted to guys... at all.

It all started a couple weeks ago when I was watching Pitch Perfect with my best friend. She was gushing over how hot Skylar Atkin is (whilst I couldn't keep my eyes off Anna Kendrick, of course), and I was just about to nod and agree with her, like I always do. Because I can agree, he is good-looking. But then I got to thinking-- I'm not attracted to him. At all. Again, I'd MUCH rather f*** Anna Kendrick. And I told her that. (She laughed. Such a great friend. :lol:slight_smile:

So that really set me off. Because I began to realize that the only thing that REALLY turns me on is... well, girls. Women. Female people. I only ever fantasize about girls-- I don't think I've ever had one fantasy about a guy, ever. (Despite the fact that I was in a steady relationship with a guy for two years, until I broke up with him... because I was no longer attracted to him. Go figure.)

But that's besides the point. I KNOW I find women attractive. I accepted that a long time ago. What I can't accept is the fact that I don't seem to be attracted to guys. I'm confused because I've found men attractive before, and I kinda still do-- but not in the I-want-to-sleep-with-you kind of way. It's like I see that they're hot, I recognize it, and I like to look... but that's all I want to do. Whereas with women... well, just looking feels a bit lacking, y'know?

It might also help to point out that of all the celebrities I've ever wanted to f***, all eight are women. I can list them if you'd like.

So, what do I do? Am I a lesbian?

2. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think you find guys just aesthetically attractive...can you imagine being in a relationship with a guy? since there is no sexual attraction you could be just romantically attracted to them.. but if you can't even picture yourself holding hands with a guy, kissing, you know having an emotional connection..then yeah you are probably lesbian! :grin:

3. britishatheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, like I said, I was in a relationship with a guy before, but he has Aspberger's and wasn't the most touchy-feely... we were never really the typical couple. Think Sheldon and Amy from the Big Bang Theory here, if that helps. We kissed twice in two years, both times were awkward, and both times I initiated. We held hands like once, and that was also really awkward. (I literally remember thinking as we were walking "Oh my God, how do people DO this?" :lol:slight_smile: I would rest my head on his shoulder a lot, but it was really uncomfortable and I would always notice my neck cramping up. But I know it wasn't a neck problem because when I did the same thing with this girl I like (who ultimately rejected me, but still, I was like in love with her at the time), I just felt so... comfortable. Secure. And I'm pretty sure I fell asleep on her. :lol:

4. HomesickAlien

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was in the exact same boat as you a little while back - I identified as bi only to realise that I really have no interest in guys. The one thing that convinced me I must've been bi was the fact that I still found guys quite attractive, but it turns out that's fairly common among lesbians. You can still find guys aesthetically pleasing without feeling any desire to get with them.

If you're not turned on by guys and don't want to date them then yeah, you're probably a lesbian! (*hug*)

5. britishatheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You basically just described everything I've been feeling for the past couple of weeks... but I didn't know it was common among lesbians! That makes me feel a bit better about myself :icon_bigg

6. n3ko

you literally described my life