1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused stage

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by codycodes, Jul 2, 2016.

1. codycodes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a guy who has had a girlfriend for a year now. We have been stable together with not much dramas.

Around the same time I started seeing my girlfriend, i befriended with this really cute guy. He is quiet and others think he's shy. I got to know him better last year as our paths crossed through volunteering at uni. Getting to know him better, we started studying together, playing sports and music together. He and I share many similar interests. And from our mutual friends, they tell me that he talks a lot about me and he acts very differently when I'm around. Our friends are also surprised at how talkative he is to me and they have commented on numerous occasion of how cute we are as a couple.

I seem to be really drawn to this guy as he flirts with me online and in person (even when others are around). I dont know why but i automatically reciprocate to his flirts. I feel so happy around him and I always want to have more opportunities to be around him.

I've never really thought myself to be gay but this guy is on my mind all day and night and he is really making me feel like I dont care about anything else as long as I can be with him.

However, my family is very traditional. Though they do not know that I may be gay, they have mentioned about their anti-gay views on the topic of gay marriage in politics.

I don't know if I should commit to a long road that's going to bring so many challenges to him and myself.

#1 codycodes, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  2. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

How do you feel about your girlfriend? That'll help get you started. You genuinely sound attracted to this guy, and depending if you have feelings for girls like this, you could be heteroflexible or bi.

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    How is your relationship with your girlfriend? I mean, you said it's stable and drama-free. I want to know if you really enjoy it. Romantically, sexually etc. And how does it compare with your feelings for this guy?

Another thing I would like to say is, you may have to work hard and be patient with your traditional family if you enter a gay relationship, but theres a large world outside of your family. In a 1st world country like Australia, you should be able to find happiness if you truly want to be with this guy - unless you are rather unlucky, your struggles should never be big enough to overshadow love. Most people in such countries are not traditional enough to cause you huge trouble.

#3 SHACH, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016