1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demisexuality? Biromantic? What?!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bluebellie01, Jul 5, 2016.

1. bluebellie01

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm so damn confused!

I try to tell myself that I don't need a label, I can love who I want, but frankly I kinda like labels. I'm a teen, so things are confusing enough, labels kinda help me to sort things out.

But here's my thing-- I started thinking I was demisexual a few months ago, and I was just starting to accept that when I realized that wasn't the case when it came to girls (I'm a girl).

I'm open to bisexuality/biromanticness, I've been pondering it for a while now, but I sorta brushed it off due to lack of experience. But it's confusing, I feel demisexual when it comes to guys, but not girls.

I'd like romantic connections with both and sexual connections with both (as far as I know), but I'm not attracted to guys without a deep emotional connection. The thought of a one night stand type situation with a guy terrifies and sorta disgusts me, but I'm totally cool with it if it were to be with a girl... Similarly I often go along seeing girls and going 'damn, she's cute' and what not, but I never seem to do that with guys.

What even is my sexuality??

2. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it sounds like you might be bisexual and biromantic but leaning more towards women or maybe a biromantic lesbian/homoflexible. Sorry if I wasn't much help, I don't think a label exists for someone who feels demisexual towards only one gender. This was the best I could come up with based on what you said but I feel that they all describe what you're feeling. Good luck with finding your label :slight_smile:

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Well, one thing to remember is that if you're on the bi spectrum (or if you're gay), you've likely suppressed a lot of homosexual urges through the years. If all that is surfacing now that you're starting to accept yourself, it can influence your sense of identity a lot. If you get a wave of lesbian attraction while you're pondering sexual interest in the different genders, that could send you along onto a track leading to "I'm more sexually open to women". I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong or anything, just that taking into account that it might take a bit of time to settle down neatly with a proper label.

Now, just from your post it sounds like you have a preference for girls, or at least that you're more open to girls in general.
    More than so I can't really say, sorry. xx