1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other demiromantics here?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by queerzucchini, Jul 5, 2016.

1. queerzucchini

Out Status:
    Some people
    So recently I was wondering why I didn't have a crush on this guy that was really into me and all my friends were capable of having crushes after just one conversation with a guy/girl. And like don't get me wrong I find the guy pretty cool but I just couldn't make myself go on a date with him seeing as I just began to know him. I thought it was pretty weird but then I found out that what I was feeling was "demiromanticism" which is the need for deep emotional connection before feeling romantic attraction. And like that definitely explained why all my past crushes have all being people I know really well.

Anyways I was just wondering if there were other demiromantic people here or just people that feel similar to me that can give me advice or like their opinion for someone who just discovered that they are in the ace spectrum. Thanks!:icon_bigg

2. GenderSciFi

meh, it's so different for everybody! but good luck with finding out what it is that you want and need.

just one piece of advice: if you happen to also be non-monamorous, try to not crush on too many of your friends at the same time :eusa_liar. keep it all a bit in order. but don't just sort people into categories like "romantic interest", "sexual interest" or "platonic friendship". find out what exactly you want to do and be with them and then... try to go for it. be open for all kinds of relationships, even if they might seem weird to other people. also, seek out online communities. spoken i have. :icon_redf