1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Gender-queer? or Fluid? or even Androgynous?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kj802, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Kj802

Okay, so I recently came out to my parents and have lost count as to how many friends I am out too. My parents, been religious, seem to have taken it fairly well. Although they appear to be trying to ignore it.
    Anyway, the past couple of weeks I have been thinking, that maybe I am Genderqueer/Fluid/Androgynous. I have a desire to wear makeup, I hate having body hair. I also desire to own and wear heels, (I can actually rock them tbh) and even to wear traditionally women's clothing. eg Skirts, Even dresses. Now compared to other men I probably am more androgynous but not obviously so.
    However, I do not consider myself Trans, and I don't wish to transition.
    Now I know that most people here don't like to assume and assign labels to others. I now give you express and explicit permission to do so, because I need someone else's opinion. What does this look like to you? What label or combination of labels do you think appears to fit me?
    Lastly, I know labels aren't everything, but within my situation and community, labels help not only me but others I tell, define how I work. I only use them for the sake of understanding and coherence.

Thanks
    MEEEE!(!)

2. vertical

vertical Guest

If you mostly just like wearing women's clothes/makeup, you might just be a crossdresser. Preferring a different gender expression doesn't necessarily make someone trans or a different gender.

3. Kj802

I get what you are saying but...cross dressing doesn't sounds right. It's not just clothing. It's like...how do I explain it...Part of me, from what I remember has always had feminine desires, actions and processes. Yet at the same time, parts of me are still quite guy related. Like for instance, My brain, in terms of how it works is like a guy, the boxes and what not. Yet I sometimes do consider what it would be like to transition. Not cause I have an overwhelming desire to do so, but because I could see myself doing it in my current state if I felt strong enough about it.

And Something I forgot to ask previously.
    Can you be Androgynous/Androgyne (Idk which one is correct to use) without actually looking Androgynous, like can you be mentally Androgynous?

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2016 at 01:47 AM ----------

I also now realise I posted in the wrong Thread section. Didn't see the correct catergory earlier, sorry. No matter, it's a fairly similar topic anyway.

#3 Kj802, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016