1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I panromantic but asexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Hats, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m confused. I have found people what I would call physically attractive in that I once kissed on the cheek someone I had a crush on and it was like an oxytocin shot to the head. Also that moment in The Notebook where Noah takes his shirt off and I felt very attracted to him and wanted to get to know him as a person…but I’ve never wanted to have sex with anybody. I don’t feel urges to have sex and I don’t think about it ever. Am I a panromantic asexual? I know I can be romantically attracted to people of any gender.

2. SecretLilCj21

It does sound like that label describes you, but you decide your label, if you feel that that is what your label is then it is.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Feeling attracted to the shirtless guy in the Notebook sounds like physical attraction. Lots of people have reasons for not wanting to have sex or not being interested in it, but they aren't all asexual. Sexual attraction doesn't necessarily mean looking at someone and going "I want to have sex with them". It could be desire for any physical/sexual contact, or even just attraction to something physical about them (beyond just appreciating that they're pretty or something like that).