1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I pan or bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DemiNic, Jul 14, 2016.

1. DemiNic

I'm seriously not sure. The moment I'm finally pretty sure I'm bi (even though I'm fluid) I remember that pan is a thing. While females are generally preferred, it depends on what gender I am feeling at the time.

Anyone have any good ways of finding out/deciding if you're pan or bi if that makes sense?

Thanks!
    ~Nic ^_^

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, i call myself bisexual, even though my attractions aren't restricted to cis people.

I don't really see the need to separate the two terms (bisexuality and pansexuality). The specifics can be explained in each case, in my opinion.

Therefore, i recommend you pick the label that seems better for you.

Also, as always, remember that you don't need to worry about labels if you don't want to. You are who you are, and that's what is important.

3. DemiNic

Yeah very good points... fair enough. I'm one of them, probably pan but I'll wait and see which one I like better.

Thanks for your help!
    ~Nic ^_^

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd agree with this. Overall, there's not much of a difference between people who identify as bi and people who identify as pan. Many don't give it much thought; they just pick whichever sounds better to them. And since the two labels overlap, often either one works fine. ^^

The only thing I can think of to ask yourself would be, "Would I date a nonbinary person?" Try to imagine it and see what you think~. ^.^

5. DemiNic

I have one transgender friend and one friend who is sort of fluid but they don't really know at all. They are pan.

Yes I think I would date a non-binary. Thanks for the help!