1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other Kinsey 5 gays here?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sayonara, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

I came to the conclusion I was Kinsey 5 recently, and I'm interesting in learning what it's like for other people?

From what I've gathered, Kinsey 5 gays are described as "mostly gay", "gay but curious" and "homoflexible." They appear to have a minor attraction to the opposite sex, but it's heavily overshadowed by the same sex which they'd rather be with.

If youre a Kinsey 5, how do you describe that experience?

2. alpet

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For me, it's too bad because this minor interest in the opposite sex keeps perplexing and haunting me, sometimes to the extent of depression. Thus, being 100÷ gay would have been the much-required relief and peace..

3. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm 100% gay lol (kinsey 6 I believe)

4. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in the same boat as alpet. I wish I could say I was definitely bisexual or definitely gay but I feel I'm somewhere in between the two.

5. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

Agreed! :0

6. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very well put. I can relate to this massively.

7. VacantPlanets

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am pansexual, but Kinsey 5 describes me best. I am "mostly" homo because my sexuality is best defined as attracted to feminine beings, I like "pretty. Not based on "parts" however. blah

8. BlondeRose91

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am right there with you. I have that slight bit of doubt that just eats away at me and I have to do everything I can to ignore it. I am so afraid that if I try to act on my gut instincts my whole world is going to implode...It sucks because deep down I know I am gay and all the pieces to that puzzle fit so perfectly together. It is the simple fear and doubt that I would be making a mistake that tears my soul apart... :bang:

9. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

Same!!

10. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in a similar position, though I tend to do some mental gymnastics that say because I've had more straight sex than gay sex I'm 'more straight' than gay thus negating my sexuality. In reality I've only ever had real feelings for one girl, and her absence in my life haunts me to this day. That said, I just plain enjoy gay sex more than straight sex. I can't come during straight sex, I never have whereas I can get off during gay sex a lot easier. Hell even my gay fantasies are more satisfying than my straight ones and I can't even imagine myself having sex with that one girl I had feelings for.

#10 Benway, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  11. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Glad some people feel similarly. I simply seem to find more guys attractive but never have I really fallen for one like I have with girls. I can't see how I could have a relationship with a guy when the idea sort of bores me. But sexually I feel like I could do both? I don't know how to describe it but I feel my heart aches for girls but the sexual urges that arise thusly could easily (sometimes better?) be satisfied by a man... but that sex with girls is far more compelling? Ultimately I just wish I could call myself gay because I feel sure I will end up with a girl... Oh so confusing and stressful.

12. guitar

I guess you could call me a kinsey 5 gay. I dated women for several years, including having sex, and while I liked it well enough, women just never came close to my feelings toward guys.

I'm at the point where I don't care about my label. If your criteria of gay means because I've done things with women I'm actually bi, fine. I would consider myself gay because at this point I date exclusively men and I have no desires to do anything with a woman. The definition of homosexual is a PREFERENCE toward your own sex, and my preference is definitely dudes, so that's what I go with.

13. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I took the test, I got 6, but I consider myself Kinsey 5.

14. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

You sound like a homoromantic bisexual.

Romantically oriented towards girls, and sexually attracted towards both (even if you prefer one more sexually.)

Does this sound like you? .3.

15. Rainbows~Exist

I don't like labels, I only identify as 'Gay' as a means of making it easier for others to understand my orientation (Plus it's easier when meeting new people). I think I'm about 90% attracted to men and 10% to women physically... emotionally/romantically I don't know. I see myself settling down with and marrying a man but on the other hand I get along with women better and find them easier to talk to and relate with...

I don't know :lol: