1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you think I am on the Kinsey Scale?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Againstthewind, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Againstthewind

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 16 year old girl, and I've been trying to figure out my sexuality for a while.

- I've had a couple of minor crushes on guys. One lasted for about 3 days, after I dreamed about him. I never really did anything about it. The other one lasted a couple of weeks. I thought he was cute. I wanted to spend more time with him, and to know more about him. I only really thought about him when we were in the same room together, though.

- I've had one major crush on a girl. It lasted for about 6 months, and it was very awkward. I couldn't stop thinking about her the entire time. I looked over in her direction whenever possible so that I could see what she was doing, and wanted desperately for her to talk to me. Everything she did, I thought was cute - from her laugh, to her quirks (such as breaking out into song randomly). I even playfully punched her once, which was strange, because I avoided physical contact with anyone whenever possible. I tried to see her as often as I could. I also felt butterflies whenever she was in the same room as me, and smiled whenever I thought of her. I'm still awkward around her to this day.

-I've never been in a relationship, nor have I ever kissed anyone.

-I've never really wanted a boyfriend. I sort of want a girlfriend, but the thought terrifies me.

-I am aesthetically attracted to both guys and girls faces. I mostly just check out girls though.

-I've fantasized about being intimate with guys and girls on separate occasions before (holding hands, kissing, etc). I only really feel attraction when I think about being with girls. With guys, I'm either indifferent or uncomfortable.

-Sometimes, I think I might be gay, but then I start to second guess myself. I look around the room and think, oh, that guy's cute, but of course, I don't do anything about it.

--

I was terrified of the thought that I might be something other than straight for the past couple of years, so I hid in the closet. I actually ended up repressing my thoughts and emotions for the longest time. However, I started questioning again after I overheard the girl I had previously liked talking to her friend about how I had crushed upon her. So, I'm just looking for opinions on where I might be on the Kinsey Scale right now.

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either a 5 or even a 6. 5 is gay but flexible which you do sound, and 6 is exclusively gay, which you could also be considering it could have been the society that 'brainwashed' you into liking guys (which you don't sound too interested in). Either way, you do not sound like you belong anywhere on the bisexual scale, just the gay one.

3. sunnyskies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with Loli, sounds to me like you could sit comfortably as a Kinsey 5, or even a 6, (just going off your reactions to guys). But just remember, ultimately only you can conclude for yourself where you sit and its okay if you don't know where that is yet. I still don't know for sure where I sit and have to remind myself that its okay, and not to drive myself mental trying to figure it out already! (which is sometimes a lot easier said than done, I know!) :slight_smile: x