1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jmiller85, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Jmiller85

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I have a question for both the Gay guys and the lesbians.

Gay guys- Do you feel like your sexual orientation has made you feel or in the opinion
    of others less masculine?

Lesbians- Do you feel like your sexual orientation has made you feel or in the opinion of others less feminine?

Both- How has being Gay affected your life that maybe it wouldn't if you were straight?

I'm writing about this topic for a college paper.

In my experience, in which I'm 100% gay by the way, I personally don't feel like my sexual orientation has effected me that way at all. But I do think people who know I'm gay view me different because of it. Like for example I get questions all the time like, " who's the man in the relationship?" "But you don't look gay?" Like wtf does Gay look like lol?

2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't feel like it has affected how I feel about myself at all, but I do feel like I was holding back some of who I am when I was pretending to be straight. I feel more free to dress however I like now, so I definitely present less femininely and people probably view me as less feminine than before because of it (rightfully so).

I have never gotten any weird questions or comments or anything. The only difference is that friends now tell me about cute girls that tripped their gaydar instead of trying to talk about guys. :lol:

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've never thought about it making me less feminine... I feel like I can do girly if I want (to a certain extent). It has freed me up to be more masculine, which I love. It's like the excitement of a second childhood where I have no fear about being the hardcore tomboy I always wanted to be, but felt I needed to give up when I was about 8. In terms of looking gay... the everyone always thought I was gay I dunno what it is. Like with some girls I know what is is that people see but me not so much.

#3 SHACH, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016