1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can you know if youre in denial?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sayonara, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

Im starting to worry if Im bi. All Im really asking is how to tell if youre overquestioning or in denial. I personally think boys are disgusting and Im just overthinking, but yet Im still very afraid Im just denying something or whatever.

So,how do you know if its overthinking or denial?

2. L0ser

As someone who thought nearly obsessively over my sexuality, I found the distinction between denial and just a general sense of worry. For me, when I feel in love with a guy I panicked and wondered if I was gay. I spent a lot of time wondering if I was in denial about being gay, but I was still attracted to girls so how could I be gay?

The way I realized I wasn't in denial, was simply that I was attracted to the guy in the same way I had been attracted to girls. There was a period of questioning the validity of the feelings, but even when I was worrying I knew deep down that it wasn't right to call myself gay or straight.

In your case, it seems like you don't find boys attractive. I can understand the worrying, and the 'what if' questions; but it sounds to me like you aren't in denial about anything. If you were in denial, you probably wouldn't be questioning yourself so much. You might be overthinking this, as you're worried about your orientation, but I can't really tell you for sure because, well, I'm not you.

But from your post I would say that you're gay. Either way try to trust your feelings, good and bad, and if you feel like you're only attracted to girls then it is most likely you overthinking.

Hope this helped a little, and hopefully you'll be able to find peace of mind about your sexuality soon(*hug*)