1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can I really be bisexual or just think it is cool

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 66vangirl, Jul 23, 2016.

1. 66vangirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Seriously, I am 50 now and have always been in groups that include the vast variety of human sexuality. So I really don't know. I was married for 15 years, have 3 kids, and I did really love him most of the time (always some issues). But I haven't been attracted to anyone for a long time. I am also very empathic, so I am realizing how much of my life is feeling what others expect of me. When I think about men there seems to be some power as part of it, I want them to be attracted to me and then I can be attracted to them. The few dates I have had I have had no urge to kiss them or go any further, but I don't feel much connection to my sexuality in general.

Meanwhile the last few mild attractions I have had have been with men, so I feel I am definitely more attracted to people than gender. I have always been attracted to gay men for example, doesn't really help dating!

The thing that had me starting to consider this was that there is a family at the summer camp I run that is 2 moms. There are also people in their community that come pick up the kiddos, lately I have found myself really wanting to talk to a young woman and actually less self conscious than talking to men. I watch movies with same sex couples and just find it adorable, not weird at all,

So what do people do if they are not sure? I don't want to put someone through trying to date when I really don't know, seems dishonest. I have a few friends that are bisexual, were married to a man and then to a woman, that I can ask some advice of. However just considering this and making it part of my identity has relaxed me in a way I haven't felt in a long time.

2. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,
    I am about your age, a guy who 'thought' he was straight his whole life but now I realize it was just denial...I am having a great deal of difficulty accepting I am gay, but I know I am...

well, how about 'a date'?

you say you're attracted to people more than gender, why not just go off that?