1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know if you are a Lesbian or a Bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by svloureiro, Jul 24, 2016.

1. svloureiro

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For a while, I've been questioning my sexuality and recently I've came to the conclusion that I'm not straight :icon_wink :newcolor:
    However, I'm still confused upon whether i should identify as a lesbian or a bisexual. I'm not sure whether the slight attraction to guys is genuine or due to how i was raised... Can a Lesbian have slight attractions to guys? Or does that make me a bisexual?

(on a side note, i can picture myself with a guy but the idea of being alone with one sort of terrifies me :help: - that may just be a slight insecure :confused: but idk, what do you think?)

2. mountaingirl123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm not going to have an answer for you - but I thought I should voice that I am in the EXACT same position. I definitely know that I'm not straight. I'm more attracted to females, but I kind of think I have a super slight attraction to males, like maybe. But this may be due to the fact that I grew up assuming I would marry a man one day. I would rather identify as gay, it'd just be easier, but I might truly be bisexual. Just know you're not the only one with these struggles!

3. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in a very similar boat. Ithink I want to pick a lesbian lable for the time being just because I don't want to date a man in the near future, and explaining the subtleties of things to everyone is confusing.

I think it's a good thing to realize that labels can change over time, and that is 110% ok. The information you might need to present to others may change. Your understanding of your experience may change. It's all ok. :slight_smile: No worries. You can't get it wrong. :slight_smile:

4. indeed28

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have only just reached the conclusion that im gay after being so afraid of it for along time, would try to tell myself i like women and that i should get aroused by them, sometimes even with all of that, would still find myself staring at good looking men and feeling aroused...... which made me think i was bisexual, i now know i was just lying to myself

5. Rdougall1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know I had the same problem for years so what I did was took out a stopwatch and I gave myself five seconds to identify myself. I said gay everytime so I knew it was true deep down but I didn't want it to be

6. cherryfairy

im a lesbian married to a gay man so in my world love and sexual preference can differ from each other just as much as gender and sexuality....there is no real need to "label" just live how you feel

7. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends what the slight attraction means. I think one is bi if they would legit love having real sex and relationships with me, but if they just find them 'good looking' or have a mild curiosity I'd say lesbian.