1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An intro to my confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by onward, Jul 25, 2016.

1. onward

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I suppose this also counts as my intro post, so firstly, hello everyone! I'm a 27 year old male from New Jersey. Thanks for being a part of something that lets people say things that they don't feel like they can anywhere else. I am an incredibly open minded, positive, and up beat person. I'll be glad to help anyone else that I can!

I am also usually very long worded, so I will try to give a very brief idea of where I am at in my own little adventure.

I've been pretty much questioning/denying/exploring a lot for as long as I can remember. Growing up, I was always into the same things that all my friends were. I didn't gravitate towards anything girly, but I always wished I was a girl as a kid. This was before I was old enough to even be attracted to either sex. When I got older, I was very quickly attracted to girls, and dated and such as normal. While through this, I always knew there was something else as well. I assumed I was probably bi because I was very attracted to girls, but had a lot of sexual interest in guys. At the same time, I was really interested in cross dressing behind closed doors.

As time went on, I've explored with both sexes, but I feel I'm perpetually in this cycle of questioning, confusion, wondering. I feel there are gender, attraction, sexuality, and all sorts of questions! As said before, in the spirit of keeping things short at first, there are many other desires/ideas/interests that run through my head. The real issue is that there are too many of these that do not work together!

None of this above was actually a question I expect anyone to answer. I know that in the end the answer is up to me to find. I've never put this out there, so I figured trying to put my thoughts together is a good start.

2. mscoopo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tell me some of your ideas that don't fit together. That may help narrow it down.

3. onward

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    An example would be my issue with gender. I have a hard time relating to a lot of stories I read here and elsewhere. While I've always had this idea that everything would have been right if I was born a female, but at the same time I don't feel uncomfortable in my body. Not that I'm looking to feel that way, but it makes me feel like it's not actually real or an issue. It's much easier to ignore it.

4. mscoopo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    By this what do you mean?

5. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well sounds like your as confused as a lot of us are. Welcome to EC.

Panromantic ?

6. onward

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I read a lot of people saying that they don't feel like they belong in a male or female body because they feel like they are the opposite sex. I've always tried to decide if it is a longing to have actually been a female, or I feel that I am but I'm in a male's body. I don't feel uncomfortable or bothered by my male body.

Thanks friend. I'm not sure, but it's something to explore the thought of. Thanks for sparking some type of productive thinking for myself.