1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I stop overanalyzing my sexual orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BelieveinLove94, Jul 25, 2016.

1. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm the type of person who analyzes things a lot, especially myself, just to see how I can change and grow as a person.

So I used to identify as bisexual but I realized the only reason I identified as that is so when I did come out, it would give my parents some kind of hope that I would be with a man. Now I realize I'm definitely a lesbian, I'm not attracted to men. I had one boyfriend in high school and as much as I love him, I don't think I was in love with him. It was more like he was my friend since kindergarten and he was nice so I told myself I had to love him romantically when I didn't. I could not, nor did I want to, think of doing anything sexual with him. Sure we kissed but that was it.

Lately I've been looking back on that and thinking maybe I am bisexual. I know I'm not and I'm just looking for things to analyze but how do I stop overthinking it. I don't find men sexually attractive and the idea of sex with a man grosses me out.

How do I stop over thinking my orientation?

2. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It could be that you're romantically attracted to men. I'm sexually and romantically attracted to guys but I've had a lot of romantic crushes on girls growing up. I used to overthink my sexual orientation- gay, straight, bisexual,... and then I realized it's just a label. Not labeling myself helped me stop overthinking my sexuality. While I'm not sexually attracted to girls, I'm not opposed to the idea that maybe there's ONE girl out there that I can potentially be attracted to (rare but perhaps possible), I feel like sexuality can be fluid over time.. so I just focus on right now.. that I'm attracted to guys.

#2 lastking, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016