1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have to know?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PennyT, Jul 29, 2016.

1. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I'm attracted to women - I'm quietly out now :slight_smile: - but I'm not sure about guys. I can't tell if my reaction to shirtless guys is because I associate that sort of thing with sex for whatever reason, and that's why I get uncomfortable, or if it's actual attraction. I've also recently figured out that I associate being male and in a relationship - romantic or platonic - with another guy with happiness - I blame my obsession with Marvel and Star Wars for this - even though I fully identify as female. And then I've also always pictured myself marrying Prince Charming. So I don't know. Guys don't feel "right", in the same way girls do, almost boring, but I don't know for sure.

I don't feel too motivated to know for sure. It was a stressful journey learning that I liked women, and I don't know if I want to go through all that again. I also don't plan to date anyone any time soon, and dating a girl seems much more fun than a boy anyways. On the other hand, I think my parents are holding out on the idea that I am attracted to guys, so that I'll be "straight"-ish, because my parents have weird ideas on what the gay community is like. I also don't want to burn any bridges with guys I could, in theory, date. And I think knowing would help me be firmer in my dealings with my sister who is in denial about my sexuality. And apparently bisexuals make some lesbians nervous?

Any thoughts?

2. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

Same :frowning2: all I can say is although boys don't feel right for me either I still don't know if I like them, even if it's just a little bit.

3. Jmiller85

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know it's not what you want to hear but just go with the flow. Pay attention to who catches your eye men or women. One thing that really helped me when I was questioning was thinking about who got me excited sexually. Not trying to be graphic but try masturbating, madturbate to the thought of a man, and then try against with the thought of being with a girl. See how you react to both. This really helped me. You could also try expermenting have some casual sex with both this also really helped me. If you ever wanna talk I'm here!