1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling pressured

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by pinkmilk, Jul 29, 2016.

1. pinkmilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Although I know that I love women and don't have desire to marry, have sex, or have a long term relationship with a man, I feel like I have some kind of obligation to date them. It's almost as if my life will be seen as incomplete or unfulfilled by others if I only get involved romantically with women. Several people have told me that I need to date men to see if I really like them, which is something that I don't want to do, but I'm feeling more and more pressured to force myself to. Anyone else feel this way?

2. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Who is telling you that you need to date men? Why do you think they are telling you this? Why do you not tell these people that you have no interest in it?

3. pinkmilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    parents and therapist. I've tried, but they keep on insisting that I should before I decide what my sexuality really is.

#3 pinkmilk, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How long have you felt you have no interest in men? How do you feel when your parents and therapist tell you that you should try dating a man? Why do you think they want you to date a man at all? If you did date a man and told them "It wasn't for me" do you think they would say "okay" and never ask about it again?