1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haven't been this confused since I met my first girl crush...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Bubbles1809, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Bubbles1809

For anyone brave enough to read this post, I thank you in advance just for reading! I will try to keep the story as short as I can.
    Basically I dated strictly females from the age of 13 until the age of 22. It wasn't planned and in all honesty I was disgusted with myself for having feelings for a guy when I had identified as a lesbian for so long. But he was a really sweet guy and tbh he does have quite feminine qualities so maybe thats why. Anyhoo. We have been together for some time and things were going well. I ended up pregnant and the result is my amazing child who I wouldnt change for the world. However I am starting to realise I have no physical attraction to my partner. I never have found makes sexually attractive but I am constantly being moaned at for my lack of affection etc. But I know myself I have always seen "the one" being a female. I do really care about my partner and I don't want things to turn sour between us (as there has been comments of my childs dad trying to get full custody if we split, not that he will because he doesn't actually have a clue how to look after her and for other reasons) anyway. Anyone got any advice how to go about it? My child is my main concern and I don't want to hurt my partner either. The kind of love I have for him is how you love a very very good friend, not a partner...

2. SystemGlitch

I think it's more painful knowing that you have a partner who doesn't love you, even if they do care about you, than having a partner break up with you. Having a child makes it a little more difficult, but I still believe it's what would be best for all of you. Speaking from personal experience, children are very perceptive to upsets in their parent's relationship. If things are already a little rocky between you, I think that they would be picking up on that.

Maybe you could tell him that while you care about and love him deeply, it isn't a romantic kind of love, and for that reason you feel it would be best to separate. I'm not sure if you'd still want him as a friend/in your child's life, but if you do, make sure to stress that really strongly.

3. Bubbles1809

Thank you for your reply. I personally think staying friends with your kids other parent is important for the childs sake but we had briefly split before and it turned quite horrible in the sense that within 4 days he was already chatting other girls up and saying he was going to just come and take our child away with him. Which worried me for my kids sake. I would love to stay civil at least but I don't think that feeling is mutual. Its a tough situation so I appreciate your reply!