1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Blank1, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Blank1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Do those of you that are questioning constantly check your reaction to guys and girls a like?

Do you analyze every situation that you interact with someone?

Do you ever go online and look at guys and girls to compare your reaction?

Lastly, do you get anxiety when looking at one or the other?

2. Sayonara

Sayonara Guest

No. Not really. (Up until recently. But that's been dying down.) I just notice the same gender. I can "notice" the opposite gender but it's more-so a case of "wow, they look cool. I like their hair. Cool clothes too."

From everything else you wrote, I think you may be worrying way too much. You should calm down and maybe try to focus on other things. Maybe you will feel better. :slight_smile:

3. Blank1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I wish I could. Its literally the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last thing I go to bed to. Which I don't think is normal. Psychologist said I shouldn't be obsessing this much and there is possible more going on. I have been dealing with it for 4-5 years, so my frame of reference is no longer there.

4. MyPugtronus

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes.

Yes. Definitely. Absolutely. I thought I was the only one who did that.

I don't think so.

5. Emmabi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know I definetly like guys. But with girls, I havnt ever had a crush on one, but when I think about being with a girl, it feels as "right" as it does when I think about being with a boy. I am pretty sure that I am Bisexual, but I don't want to assume things too soon.

6. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's my situation, just to shed a light on how unique sexuality is. I'm generally not attracted to any part of a man at all except his genitals, and then only if they're big. But that's only the case some of the time. Just try to be as honest with yourself as you can.

7. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Q1) Yes, often. Sometimes I feel like I'm in denial of being gay, sometimes I feel like I'm in denial of being Bi. Perhaps my mind just likes to mess with me.

Q2) Yep. Was that just awkward eye contact? Do I like this person? Should I like this person? Do I want to be this person? Ugh.

Q3) Yeah, sometimes. Although my reaction to women is usually a lot stronger, and I'm not sure if I even like men. I'm probably gay. Or in denial. I don't know, I've questioned this quite a bit recently.

Q4) Yeah, sometimes I get weird knots in my stomach when I see a guy. I doesn't hurt anymore, but it used to. I guess this is probably down to the self-harm in the past (which I don't do anymore) and it probably reminds me of that (when I used to try and "turn" myself straight and block out my feelings for women).

I don't know who I am anymore, and it's hard because I'm finding it hard to separate my experiences from what I'm actually feeling. :confused: I'm not really sure how to describe it.

Yeah... :bang:

8. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yep all of those things to certain extents. Maybe not the anxiety. I do worry a bit about my reaction to guys though because I sort of just want it to be obviously negative so I can write them off, but that is obviosuly not going to happen, I don't think even lesbians feel that awful about guys haha.