1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings for my bestfriend

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Lifeguard1, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Lifeguard1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Four years ago, I met this girl who is one year younger that me. We became bestfriends even though we didn't attend the same classes. I feel like I have a strong connection with her. The problem is that I have developed feelings for her. I try to forget about them but each time I see her (which was not very often this summer), my feelings reappear. However, I hardly believe that she likes me the way I like her. She sees me as her best buddy. She told me once that she felt good because I'm the only one who replies to her long messages by long messages. Last night, she went to my place and we talked. At a moment, she tried to grab my cellphone while I was hiding it from her and the next thing I remember she was over me. It felt good but also very awkard. I gave her my cellphone so that she stops being over me. Then, we continued to talk like nothing happened. This fall, she'll go to a college that is 3 hours away from mine and we both have very busy shedules. I guess we won't see each other for a while. Sometimes, I really wish that she finds a boyfriend so that I can stop thinking about her the way I do.

2. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know all too well about situations like this. I'm in love with my best friend. It happens a lot in the LGBT community, ending up with feelings for a friend.

It hurts a lot knowing that love like that can never be, but you have to remember that you are young. There's somebody out there for you. You'll find love someday.

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2016 at 12:36 PM ----------

It seems like you left out any conflict involving your sexuality. Do you need advice on that?

3. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's a super awkward situation that so many people go through.

Hopefully, over time, feelings will subside and you'll meet someone new! Know that even if she gets a boyfriend, that may not change anything. You'll still have feelings for her, maybe. I've been on both sides of that situation.

Time and meeting new people is really the only way to really move forward.
    Good luck with everything in the future!!