1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if I'm lesbian/bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fishiewishie, Aug 23, 2016.

1. fishiewishie

Hi :slight_smile:

I think I'm having a crush on a female friend (I'm a girl), but I'm not sure if I'm sexually attracted to her or if I'm just too emotionally attached to her (because she's a very close friend). Like I get a little jealous when she's close to other people...

I've never really found myself sexually attracted to other girls before (though I think I may have had a crush on another girl before). I identify as being straight but I've questioned by sexuality a couple of times.

So am I just gay for her? Or am I just overthinking my friendship with my friend?

Thanks for the advice:slight_smile:

2. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, it doesn't make you gay. You could just find her attractive in a friendly way, a lot of straight people do. Do you feel like you could be in a relationship with her? What about men? If so, then you're probably bi. You sound a little bi-curious to me.

3. fishiewishie

Thanks for your advice Valkari! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I feel like I could be in a relationship with her (but she's as straight as an arrow so it seems like it wouldn't happen unfortunately) I wouldn't mind a relationship with men either.

I'm from Asia so it's really conservative here and I tried to ask my sister about it and she told me it is just a phase and not to think too much about it. I'm not sure how to go about dealing with my sudden realization of feelings towards my friend :frowning2:

4. Airisofparis

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok well i do agree you sounds a bit bi-curious. But do you think you could be in a romantic relationship with her? Can you imagine yourself in a relationship with a girl? And what about boys?

I wouldnt say your gay but maybe your bi. You can be bi and have a preference for boys. But figuring out your sexuality takes time and i wish you good luck.

5. fishiewishie

Thanks for your advice too Airisofparis! I do agree that I may be a bit bi-curious. I think I will spend time thinking about it and keep an open mind towards my sexuality :slight_smile:

6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You do sound more on the bi scale if you would date both genders.

As for sexual attraction, it might be that you just haven't discovered that part yet.

7. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you ever daydream about these girls you think you might be interested in, or think about them at night when falling asleep?