1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mayaiwolf, Aug 30, 2016.

1. mayaiwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    im 25 and for years or well since i was 17 i have thought i was bisexual, i have slept with guys have not slept with a woman but i have done other stuff to confirm my sexuality. however lately ive begun to question myself, i have no one to talk to about this and i have sought support here as the last sort of chance to find an answer.

i cannot find men attractive sexually, i like a man's upper body but anything below is just.. not for me unless i want to have a child. and i honestly dont think i have ever found men attractive in that way i just slept with guys you go out with for a few months because i thought thats what you do in a relationship. granted it was only 3 guys over long periods of time.

i have had extreme crushes on woman but they always want to be friends so i try being friends but eventually it doesnt work, or i say something and then the next day all contact is dropped.

the point is i dont know if im just ... gay or.. bi or what and i dont know how to confirm without actually sleeping with a woman /:

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you think you have been attracted to the guys you have been with in the past?
    Sometimes people who identify as bisexual talk of swings in their attraction so sometimes they are more attracted to guys and other times girls. Could this be what you are experiencing? Or do you think it has always been girls?

Are there any LGBT groups near you maybe you could join one of them.
    Are you out to anyone?

3. mayaiwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i never really was if i stop and think about it, it was more about seeing what the fuss was about. i know i like girls more than guys but i like everything a girl has to offer. personality, emotionally, physically etc. guys not so much.

im out to a few family members and friends but none of which are lgbt so they dont fully under stand, and i think some hold their breath and hope its a phase. there are no lgbr groups near me i live in a relatively small town that is quite a few years behind in stuff like that.

i have met a girl who is lesbian but i dont want to rely on her or change anything because shes super fun to hang out with.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well one lesbian friend is a start and EC is another great place to chat to people although granted its not a subsitute for real life LGBT folks.
    Does your lesbian friend have lesbian friends haha?

5. mayaiwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i am not sure, i have met bisexual girl's before but they arent totally sure if they are bi either lol i decided to try here and see if i can get some advice

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so what would you say your biggest concern right now is?

7. mayaiwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    that i have no idea what my sexual identity is and ill never figure it out /:

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so lets break it down to what you do know.

1. You definitely like girls (all aspects, personality, romance, sexually etc)
    2. You might have some attraction to guys but not as strong as girls.

Do you think that is fair.

If so then I dont think you should despair so much. I kind of got to this point and then I weighed everything up to make a decision as to how I wanted to label myself. Labels dont really matter but most of us have a deep desire to have one for ourselves and to feel comfortable with it (myself included). So at this point I was deciding between bi which would be bi with a leaning to girls or lesbian.
    How do you feel about these labels?

9. mayaiwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    that sounds fair yes. and i think at this point the best suitable label for me may be lesbian which is what i started with when i was 12. and the only reason i thought i might /must be bi was my gf at the time of 6 years when i was 17 came out at FtM, and i didnt want that to end. even though it did for different reasons. but i think thats a label i can settle with and makes the most sense, i have other things to question but that is one answered. thank you very much for helping me clear that out.

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No worries. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

11. LukeWellMaxwell

Out Status:
    Some people
    If you wanna talk i'm here for you, just post on my wall