1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just needed to put it out somewhere

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by natalie1, Sep 2, 2016.

1. natalie1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm here because im a girl and ive just recently accepted that im bi - i think, i mean ive accepted that im into girls but now im questioning whether or not i like boys at all. i haven't come out to anyone because although no one in my life is homophobic i know i will lose some friends and things will be difficult at school, and i have no idea how my family is going to react. my dad has made some mean gay jokes before but i dont think my family would do anything drastic. the thing is i dont feel comfortable coming out to any of my closest friends but i do have this one friend that ive met recently and i know she will be 100% supportive. the only thing is because ive only become friends with her recently i dont know that she wont tell other people. but i really need to tell someone, im very open and expressive about everything and since ive discovered im into girls ive become closed off and my friends have started getting suspicious and im afraid i'll come out at the wrong time.
    So i dont know whether to come out to my new friend or stay silent and hope i don't accidentally tell anyone...:help:

2. LukeWellMaxwell

Out Status:
    Some people
    Be who you are, and what will be will be, you have to go with the flow with these things i'm afraid, when the right time comes you will know , it's hardb ut to fully come out, you need to say how you feel, it's easier if you do it in casual conversation, dont make a big fuss, be proud of who you are and you decision, and if your friend doen't accept you then there not a true friend, i hope i helped :slight_smile:

3. bjanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it will be very helpful to talk to your new friend. She'll be able to talk to you about your confusion and feelings and that will probably help you a lot. Something like this is very personal that she would probably keep it to herself even without you asking, but you can just ask her to keep it between you two.

4. August Silver

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You may take as much time as you need but I would recommend eventually telling someone if you feel alone with the knowledge and you don't (or that's the impression I got) live in an environment hostile to homosexual people. Choose the person you trust most and tell them first. Sometimes people may not be worth your trust but my experience is that you have to take that risk because life without trust will suffocate you, in a manner of speaking. And As LukeWellMaxwell said, a friend who won't accept you as you are is not a friend. A true friend will keep your secret if you request it.

5. natalie1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you, I think I may talk to my friend or at least hint at it to see how she reacts first, but it felt really good to tell you all on here but its also kind of scary bc it suddenly just got really real and not just in my head, thank you though

6. August Silver

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It can be overwhelming when you "put it out there", but it's an important step. Just remember that doing so doesn't mean you have or must force yourself into any box. You have shared how you feel here and I'm glad to hear you find it helpful. You said you're still questioning about boys. If you have felt something for a guy in the past I guess that would make you bi but labels aren't really that important and human sexuality is not simple or static, our preferences can change with age somewhat and that's ok. I wish you the best of luck in coming out, in your own time, as not straight :slight_smile:

7. natalie1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I came out to my friend as just, "not straight" she was entirely supportive and I feel so much better about myself. As it turns out, she has been struggling with the same things for a while (which I was suspicious about but I didn't know) we were able to talk about it and it went really well. There was a lot of happy crying and I feel so much better now. I still don't think I'm ready to tell anyone else yet but its nice to have someone to talk to in person. Thank you all so much I probably would never of done it if I hadn't found this website. Thank you.

8. Beth 43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me - after I stopped ignoring my curiosity and attraction to girls....I fell in love with it. I still dated and married - men. Still....eventually, I knew what I wanted in my heart. Most family and friends that do not understand think it is all about sex. It isn't at all. However....a fun part of it. With a woman...I am at home, excited, turned on, and when it comes to the fun part - like a duck to water. That connection is like none other that I have ever known with a man. It wakes you up to life.

9. August Silver

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great, Natalie! :eusa_clap :newcolor: Such a relief when people are cool about it, isn't it? Just one person makes all the difference. One step at a time...

While on the subject I've been crying a good portion of today too because my friends and mother have taken my coming out so well :')

10. Missy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! Is there anyone you can talk to who has professional secrecy? Like a priest or a therapist? Then you donĀ“t have to worry about it coming out. And then you can tell people when you are ready. Good luck!

11. 8791

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I completely feel this. I am dealing with the same issue. Always was straight but once I started seeing girls in a different way I can't turn off my attractions, as well as also questioning if I'm into guys at all. Stay strong, your not alone.