1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wish I Were A Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LoyalGryffindor, Sep 3, 2016.

1. LoyalGryffindor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a girl. I am 14. I am unsure of my sexuality. I have had crushes on guys (not many, 1 or 2) but no crushes on women. I have had brief crushes on feminine lesbian youtubers, and I think most lesbian couples are so cute! I love two-women couples, but I also love straight couples. I am not sure whether I am bi or lesbian, but I know that I wish to be. I just really really want to be able to be in a two-woman couple. But then sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm homeschooled and I really just wish I had a friend my age...but I don't feel like I want a friendship.... At one point when my best friend came to visit, she lives far away so I see her once a year, and so we have a week long sleepover kinda thing. At one moment, I really wished it would be acceptable (pretty sure she's straight) to just kinda cuddle and kiss her...but I definitely don't have a crush on her...so idk.

Is it normal to want to be lesbian/bi/queer? Did any of you wish that before realizing you weren't straight?
    Thanks in advance.

#1 LoyalGryffindor, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  2. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see that you are questioning your sexuality, and that is normal.
    Try to think about what you are attracted to. Are you more attracted to one gender than the other? Are you attracted to both, but weigh heavier on one side than the other? It's okay to fantasize about girls without necessarily being sexually attracted to girls. Try to explore your sexuality and see what you are most attracted to. Research different sexualities and see which one you connect the most with. It's normal to be confused, I was confused for years before I admitted to myself that I am a lesbian.
    Good luck on your journey to find yourself! (*hug*)