1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if I'm a lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sorcha8889, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Sorcha8889

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi everyone,

Ever since I began having "crushes" about age 14, I knew I was bisexual. My first sexual experience at 15 was with another girl. I have always been open about this and my friends all know I am bisexual.

However, apart from dating a girl when I was 15 I've only ever dated men since then. This just happened naturally and I don't think it's something I forced. However, since leaving university 5 years ago anytime I date a man I lose any sexual interest in them within about 2 or 3 months.

The past two years I've been really questioning is this because I'm really a lesbian? I notice women all the time, i fantasise about sex with them. Anytime I see a lesbian relationship on TV or film I am so happy for them and sometimes feel a little jealous.

My head goes round and round in circles about this. Sometimes for weeks or months I torture myself thinking I'm definitely gay. Then other times I don't think about it.

Does anyone have any advice about this or similar experience?

2. Scorpio1024

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I myself had a similar transition. Bisexual to biromantic homosexual to lesbian. Perhaps you are now realizing you are a lesbian, or maybe you're just having a down with men. Listen to your heart. For now try dating only women. See if, your attraction to men disappears completely. If, it doesn't continue being you and search for the problem in your love life.