1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Mounting" Instinct - Is it Real?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Foxfeather, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    All right. A few months or years ago I made a post asking people what they found attractive physically, emotionally, sexually, etc. and I got some really interesting and diverse answers.

One of the comments I made was that I was attracted to women's bare backs and their long hair.

One person commented that it was part of the "mounting" instinct.

(!) You heard me right. The mounting instinct. The desire to mount someone and ride them into the sunset. Or sunrise. Heaven knows we ladies have more stamina than biological men (I'm just poking fun--I know it's your (!)'s fault and not yours).

I think . . . that person is 1000% correct. As caring and kind as I am to people, and as much as I know I'd be a very considerate partner in bed, God, ladies, I do want to just get on top of you sometimes and do you in. If I had the parts, I'd use them, believe me, though it seems I"ll be settling for strapping one on. It's like my ultimate sexual fantasy and it would make me feel complete. Especially doing doggy on a woman.

I know this sounds really perverted. Trust me, I'm a bit weirded out by myself sometimes, too. But it's been crazy how persistent this desire is.

This question goes out to everyone, but especially to lesbians and fTms. Do you also get the "mounting instinct"?

(!) Well, do you?

2. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As weird as it feels to say, yes. I mean, I didn't always have this.... "instinct", but I became less innocent when it came to sexual things. Its kind of weird to think about, since I am a virgin.

3. iiimee

I'm not sure about a "mounting" instinct, but naturally my legs do tend to thrust more than grind, though I'm sure with practice I could do either... :/ I think that most people who've had in interest in me were purely dominant, which sort of sucks because I have a curiosity about being dominant- ofc I'm a virgin, so it doesn't matter too much. XD Still... Oh well.

4. SystemGlitch

I am much more partial to receiving than giving when it comes to sex - I really like to make my partner feel good and I like the idea of them "using" me to feel good. There are times though where I really want to top my boyfriend. It doesn't happen that often, but he's also more of a bottom than a top and I'm a rare exception to that for him. I don't know if my desire to top him comes from knowing he'd enjoy it a lot (meaning I would enjoy it) or if it's something I want to do because I want to. I feel like if I had a partner with a vagina, I'd want to top more than I do now, but I can't say for sure since all my sexual partners I've had have been AMAB.

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes it is a real instinct.

I know because I am predominantly attracted to women and the instinct is definitely there, especially when they're being receptive to my advances.

I'm with a man now, and I get that urge with him too, but it's a bit different :lol:

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This thread definitely made me blush.
    [​IMG]

7. PrettyinPunk

Oh hey I remember that original thread you made. It was pretty steamy as well. :icon_redf :grin:

I identify more as bisexual and cis but yeah this so called 'mounting' desire, I feel it too. It's definitely a major part of my sexual fantasies. As much as I'd like to be the "mounter" I also wouldn't mind being the "mountee"(?). I think it's the mixture of how primal and dominant the position is, plus the view is nice too. :icon_wink

8. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Should I feel weird for not having that "instinct"? It's actually a huge turn off for me.

9. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Blush good or blush bad?

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2016 at 08:07 AM ----------

Haha I know. In my defense, I feel like folks don't talk enough about what they want. We're the LGBTIA community, for good heaven's sake! A lot of us have made or are starting to make that leap out of that closet, and I think it's the first step to honesty. (*hug*)

The mods seem okay with me though because I promote honest conversations between members on this page (and between you and yourself, hopefully). (&&&)

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2016 at 08:07 AM ----------

:astonished: Your sexual orientation is awesome. I never noticed the "everything" before even though I know you're on the forums lots.

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely a good blush. :grin: :icon_redf

I like being the one being mounted. I have no desire to mount someone, unless I'm play wrestling. The only time I'll get on top is to grind.

I actually lift my butt in the air out of instinct, to be mounted... Ugh, that's so hard to admit. x////x When I grind, I always lift my butt in the air and I'm like CALM DOWN BUTT!

#10 Anthemic, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  11. Loppox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It also feels weird for me to say it too, just like skygirl, but yes. though I feel like a huge pervert and should not think about it!! I still do though...

Also women's legs are very attractive to me. Just a quick sidenote.

12. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find nothing perverted in this.

We all have desires to do things...not sure everyone has a desire to mount any more than everyone has a desire to be mounted...though many of us have both inclinations. I can enjoy both wearing the strap-on and being the "recipient" *quite* a bit...and in both cases, sometimes I like being mounted (facing or not facing), and sometimes, I prefer to be on top (facing or not facing). I'd never thought of it as a "mounting instinct"...but it makes sense that there might be such an instinct.

Hmmm...I think what I just said was "I enjoy penetrative sex, however it's done". But the fact is that I enjoy *all* kinds of sex! LOL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I definitely do this, without even thinking about it.

14. SystemGlitch

Nope. People like different things when it comes to sex - for a lot of the people on this thread, "mounting" their partner is how they like to have sex. For plenty of other people (yourself included), it's not. Think of it like any other fetish, some people like leather, some people like massages, some people like play-fighting, some people like kissing... it's all unique to the person and that's what makes humans amazing. :slight_smile:

15. AmyBee

Huh! I never thought of it as "instinct," but yeah. I know my earliest sexual behaviors involved "mounting" pillows and big fluffy beach towels. Now that I've actually had sex with other people it's kind of like I could go either way. But I've never had the experience of BEING mounted and I would like to sometime. Even though I'm a trans woman, my sexual experiences have mostly until very recently been ostensibly het pairings with a cis woman. I mean to any hypothetical observer. And in those I've done what my partner has wanted and it's been that. So I've been the giver. Only after I came out to someone did any other possibility come into it and that's only been in online conversations between us. But like someone else said above, I like ALL kinds of sex.