1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Guilt & Worry

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by timeisdancing, Sep 7, 2016.

1. timeisdancing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have recently become comfortable labeling myself bisexual. I am much more confident in this than I was a few weeks ago, and having this label makes me feel powerful.

However, I keep having these feelings of doubt. I know that at this time I lean towards attraction to women, but when I think about it too much I start to worry. What if I'm not really bisexual? What if I'm really straight? Am I lying to myself?

Is this normal? I know it must partially be internalized biphobia. I grew up in a strict religious household and I still feel a little shameful and dirty for even questioning myself at times.

I'd like to come out to a close friend, but every time I try, I begin to worry again, that this is just a phase. I want to accept this part of myself more than anything, but I feel like I keep hitting a wall and feel like I'm somehow faking this. :bang:

2. Godless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's really normal. I felt that way forever and thought I'd lose all my friends. I kept second guessing myself. It's just a label anyways, so there is absolutely nothing to lose in the off chance you were wrong. But you're not wrong. I mean you could be. But you're probably not. It was really hard telling the first person. I told them I had something important to talk to them about later and then I was forced to. I didn't like it, but everyone was really supportive and I lost zero friends. Good luck to you.

#2 Godless, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  3. BookWriter1994

Yes its normal. Always thought it has to be one way or the other. Never even thought that I could be bisexual. Some days I have good days about being bi and other days I would have bad days and get scared of being bi.