1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need dating advice

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mkbelle, Sep 9, 2016.

1. mkbelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    After a long time of feeling like I'm forcing myself to date men, I've just recently started to feel brave enough to change my ********** profile from "looking for men" to "looking for women." I was anxious about it, but once I did it, it felt totally right. However, the number of women matches in my area are far fewer than the men matches I was getting. Anyone know if there is a better dating sight for LGBT people? Having trouble navigating the dating scene in general, even more so that I'm now realizing where my heart truly lies. I'm not into clubs, I'm past college, and my workplace isn't really conducive to meeting people for dating. What's the best place or online site to meet women looking for women?

2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We aren't really allowed to discuss specific dating sites on here, which is also why your site got censored. However, the number of women who are into women and out about it is naturally a lot smaller than the amount of men who are into women. If you even get 5% of the matches you got with men that is a pretty good result.

You should just look around the sites and apps, and offline you could look on meetups.com to see if there are any LGBT groups meeting up. They may not be specifically for dating (probably are not, in fact) but that doesn't mean you won't meet anyone. Dating while gay (or having a gay preference as bi) is so much more difficult than dating when straight, women are also more picky than straight men tend to be, so that makes it more difficult still!

You really have to put yourself out there and actively approach women on dating sites to have a good chance of finding someone. It is far from impossible though, so don't get discouraged. :slight_smile:

If you need some help with dating in general, look at the "Looking for a relationship: simpler than you think" sticky post.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. mkbelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hmm you'd think discussing which sites are better than others would be helpful/advantageous. I'm surprised we can't discuss them. Anyway... yea, I guess I'm not surprised that the dating pool is much smaller when looking for gay women versus straight men, I'm just frustrated. I'll have to look into meetups groups. Thanks for the encouragement!

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's definitely harder to find same-sex dates in general. Sometimes dating sites don't even help much, so I just don't use them. You might have better luck finding LGBT groups or pride parades.