1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making peace with being gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kodo, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the longest time, I thought I was ace. But in actuality I don't think so. Some good points brought up in other threads, by Chip and other members, have helped me gain perspective on sexualities.

Fact is, I am gay. I have a virtually nonexistent sex drive because of depression, and sometimes crippling social ineptitudes, but this is not equivalent to my sexuality. I am attracted to guys and if I were able to have a healthy relationship with a bloke, I'd like that very much.

Though it frightens me so much. Sometimes I wish to God I was straight so things would be simpler for me as a trans-guy. Whether my family will ever know or be involved should I get a boyfriend in the future doesn't look hopeful. In fact, I doubt I'll let anyone know I'm gay, at least not for a long time. I'm already breaking under the pressure of being trans and gay isn't something I can deal with right now.

How do I make peace with being gay? I guess that's the whole point. Maybe it's my craziness talking, but I often feel that it doesn't matter as I'll never be capable of a relationship. I wish I could be proud of being gay, but I'm just not at that point right now.