1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so confused :(

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JohnGR, Sep 11, 2016.

1. JohnGR

I'm a 15 year old guy and a while ago I found out that I have strong feelings for guys and am sexually attracted to them and was really convinced I'm gay. (Not that happy to be honest, since my parents are homophobic, but at least I accepted it. So I'm still in the closet, but that's a whole other problem.) But a couple of weeks ago I started feeling something for girls as well, not as strong as what I feet for guys, but it's something. I don't know what it is.
    What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to know if those feelings are real and not some illusions? What am I?

2. blightedsight

You're 15. Sure its confusing but don't use labels on yourself while you're still working out who you are.
    Obviously there are people who know exactly who they are at 15 in terms of their sexuality, but there is no reason to think you are one specific way.
    The best thing you can do is explore your feelings. Look deeper into what you find sexually attractive, what you find attractive personality wise.
    At 15 its very easy to confuse feelings. Hell at 35 its easy.
    Obviously its hard because you have parents that won't be open to talk to you, but is there anyone in the real world that you know that you can trust and talk to?

3. faustian1

Feelings--genuine, visceral feelings--are generally very real. They are the emotions that so many of us spend years denying. That is not about being gay--it is about life in general. It often leads to what is called "denial."

I can't tell you if you're gay, or heterosexual, or whatever. What I can tell you is that if a thought or a feeling causing a physical sensation that is significant, then you should listen to it and investigate further. It can be a hunch about something or someone, or a feeling that you should not be doing something, or that you should be doing something. Your emotions tell you things that often are central to your being.

Especially the thoughts and feelings we find it hard to control. You will know how important they are, in time. It shouldn't take all that long. Just be patient, and open to the message and the interpretation of the thoughts and feelings.

You can decide what you suppress to others and decide not to reveal. In general, it would be better if you try not to suppress things internally, if you can. Use this to know yourself better.