1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you work on your attraction

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dragonegg123, Sep 11, 2016.

1. dragonegg123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a 28 y/o male, and I know I'm attracted to both sexes, and slightly more towards guys. My parents are homophobic, and I'm also not happy to have the homo side of me, so I'm still closeted, and I wonder if it's possible to "work" on it and be more attracted to women?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey dragonegg123,

Welcome to EC!

There aren't any methods to change or affect your orientation with scientific basis. All evidence we have nowadays indicates that you can't change your orientation, and the "methods" usually recommended in obscure places are usually really harmful.

Remember: There is nothing wrong with you. If you aren't happy with your "homo side", my first advice is to take a deep breath, relax, and accept yourself. Understand that being non-straight is perfectly normal, and that's fine.

Don't worry too much about coming out or telling others for now. First, take your time to become ok with yourself. There's no need to rush it: This is about you and yourself! Repeating myself: Take all the time that you need!

We are here to help you during this process, or to help you with any doubts you might have.

Once again, welcome! :slight_smile:

3. killswitch0029

If "working" on attraction was a thing that actually worked we'd have a lot of "straight" people walking around. Personally I don't believe it's a thing. If you're not determined to come out to your parents you still like girls so it's not like you'd be lying to them. Just work on your feelings towards yourself and if you feel like telling them about your attraction to guys and go from there.