1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought I was okay...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lizzie2000, Sep 12, 2016.

1. lizzie2000

Okay, here's the thing. I thought I was okay with me and the whole liking girls thing, but then I just had this chat with my friend and I felt ashamed and I started to get frustrated because I was uncomfortable and wanted to change the subject so bad.
    My friend kept on telling me it's okay and stuff but I still, I don't know, felt ashamed. Like I shouldn't be like this.
    I was doing so good too. I thought I accepted it and feel good for a while until something like this happens.
    I don't know if I have to talk about it more. Just to get used to it or something. My friends and family all know that I'm gay, but I'm just not sure I know. I just have to stop feeling like this and I don't know how to make it stop.
    She also asked me why I like girls over guys and I honestly couldn't give her an answer. I just eventually said it's just who I'm attracted to.
    Anyways, I just don't know how to deal.
    That's it.
    Thanks.

2. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I prefer girls to guys too. Why do you feel ashamed? Why are you unsure?

3. lizzie2000

I don't know, there's not really a reason. There are some days where I'm totally for it and other days where I just don't want to talk about it. I don't really talk about my feelings either, I just mostly keep that part of me to myself.
    I don't know why I feel ashamed. I'm sitting here I'm trying to find a reason but I just can't. As for being unsure, I can't find a reason for that either. It's just sometimes how I feel.
    Thanks.

4. johniscloseted

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think you might feel ashamed because the environment you grew up in was not particularly accepting, or that you have internalized the feeling that it is wrong and that you should change.
    You don't have to be ashamed about it. There's no reason why your attraction towards females is bad, even if people tell you it is or you sometimes find yourself thinking it is too. If you don't feel comfortable talking about it, give yourself time. Maybe it's just a matter of accepting yourself fully, or maybe you just like to keep your romantic life to yourself - there's nothing wrong with not being open about it!

5. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, don't stress out about it too much. You like who you like and that's okay.

6. 8791

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hey, I wanted to chime in on this one here especially because I am kind of in the same boat. I have always been super into guys, had may boyfriends etc. My attraction to girls is really recent and has put me through ringer trying to understand it. I am currently IN LOVE with my friend and no guy has ever made me like this before. Its weird because prefer guys over girls sexually, but for some reason I am so infatuated with my friend who is a girl. Honestly, I have realized, why do we have to put a label on this anyways? What does that matter? Your heart wants what it wants, just listen to your heart. I could sit in my room and try to understand how this is happening and trying to find a label for the way I feel, or I could just proceed with my life and let myself go and enjoy the process. As in love as I am with my friend right now, I feel so alive, and I am enjoying going through this (even though my situation is pretty horrible). Its a beautiful thing being attracted to both genders, and I hope that I truly am at the end of the day bisexual. (Still figuring it out) Im a 19 year old girl and my best advice is to get out of your own head. Really looking at it for what it is and realize how small of a thing it is compared to everything in your life and your future. Wish you the best <3

#6 8791, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  7. lizzie2000

That sounds like what I'm going through. I'm trying to decide on a label, but why do I have to? Anyways thanks for the advice!