1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soo I am a bicurious teen and I need some help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ibuxkets, Sep 15, 2016.

1. ibuxkets

Basically, a year or so ago I found out that being bisexual was a thing, and after thinking about it I realized that that was the perfect description of me... I feel weird because I know for a fact i havent always been bi, im in high school and i can say im pretty sure i was pretty straight until about junior high. Im confused because sometimes i hear people in the LGBTQ community say they were always this way, or they were born this way. So i guess im saying i dont feel "right" or "bi enough" to really say for sure I am BISEXUAL. Because like I said I know I have had feelings for almost every gender (but I know im not pan) but I know that these kinds of feelings had to develop over time. I didnt come straight out the womb bisexual. I just need some guidance! thanks!
    P.S ive seen some of the posts on this forum and you guys on here seem so amazing and supportive!

2. killswitch0029

I kinda get what you mean about being confused. Me personally I didn't really notice guys all that much until I was in my mid-late teens. I think that people are born with whatever sexual preference they have, it just takes longer for those feelings to surface in some people.

Don't worry about not feeling "bi enough." As long as you prefer both sexes that makes you bi, regardless of the degree of your "bi-ness." (if that's even a word :lol:slight_smile: If trying to label yourself turns out to be stressful, you can just say that you like people and not even specify.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, ibuxkets,

As killswitch0029 indicated, everyone comes to a realization of their sexual preference at the same age for various reasons. So don't feel like you are 'behind the curve' by any means.

I would ask, though, what exactly do you mean when you say that you don’t feel “bisexual enough?” Can you express that thought more clearly?

Take Care.:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Sep 2016 at 06:24 PM ----------

Oops. That should read: "NOT everyone comes to a realization of their sexual preference at the same age for various reasons."

Sorry, typo.

4. ibuxkets

okay so thank you both for your responses cause i feel a lot better, but quantum, to answer you question(as best as i can cause this is hard to explain) i would say i dont feel "bisexual enough" because i dont feel like im as comfortable or sure of my bisexuality enough to be and feel accepted by the rest of the bi community, ( i know its childish but welcome to the world of being queer). And also since im not so sure of myself i dont feel as confident identifying as bisexual yet. Thats basically it... :slight_smile: (sorry it seems so dumb lol)

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ibuxkets,

O.K. Don't worry about it. You may or may not be bi. Only you can really determine your sexuality and it may take quite a while before you are comfortable 'settling in' to a portion of the sexuality spectrum. Questioning is the only way that we can learn about ourselves, so keep on questioning until you feel comfortable on your journey of exploration for your sexual identity. One day you will come to understand and then accept that identity.

As far as being accepted by the 'bi community,' well you may have started to notice on this site how accepting the LGBTQ community is, in general. You will be accepted for who you are regardless of your sexual identity.

In the meantime, there is very good website you may want to check out that talks to questions about bisexuality and has some good links. It’s a UK website called The Bisexual Index:

The Bisexual Index | What is Bisexuality?

See if that site can begin to answer some of your uncertainty. And, of course, keep exploring EC and posting questions, thoughts or concerns as you take your journey. We can't take the journey for you, but we can offer support, thoughts and assistance along the way!:thumbsup:

Take Care. Stay Strong and Proud!:slight_smile: