1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it less attractive to follow sterotypes?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 3n, Sep 15, 2016.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm gay, but I don't "act" like I am, I guess. I'm not extremely flamboyant and "out there", I'm not overly effeminate either. I won't change who I am because of my sexuality, but is it less attractive among other gay men to go against stereotypes? Just curious lol

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I find 'straight acting' (thats a shit phrase), masculine guys more attractive. I'm not really into femininity at all. It depends on each person's preference really but I definitely wouldn't say that not confirming to the gay, flamboyant stereotype mskes you less attractive. It is a stereotype after all, you'll find that a lot of gay guys won't conform to it.

3. SystemGlitch

Like all things relating to sexual attraction, some people will find it attractive to follow stereotypes and some people will find it attractive to break stereotypes. Everyone's different and there's no "one" rule for attraction. :slight_smile: